Kanter's Age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanter's Age?

So I have a few questions. Why did Kanter play in the Nike Summit if he was too old? WHy wouldn't he have played on the Worlds team last year when they got silver? It just doesn't add up. Anyone have more information than what is just on the rapcast?

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    So I have a few questions. Why did Kanter play in the Nike Summit if he was too old? WHy wouldn't he have played on the Worlds team last year when they got silver? It just doesn't add up. Anyone have more information than what is just on the rapcast?
    It is not like he was born in a unheard of African country. He was born in Switzerland. His age is legit.

Comment

But his defense may not be

Check out podcast 44

http://www.draftexpress.com/podcast.php

Comment

It a bit of a ridiculous accusation that should never, ever have been given credence, in the first place. PhdSteve really should have called the guy out on this, but he didn't.

As for his defense, all except for one clip of a high school game he played, his defense has looked fine, from what I've seen. Believe me, if I felt there was a serious issue with his defense, I'd be the first one in the anti-Kanter camp.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wait he's Swiss? I thought he was Turkish.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Wait he's Swiss? I thought he was Turkish.
            Born in Zurich. Turkish citizenship.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enes_Kanter

The Swiss are known for their accuracy.
            http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

In the podcast Givony among other things says he watched 4 games from Nov-Jan 2010 of his prep school career.
              It is not all negative , but he questioned his effort and his intesity, he played low caliber competition and was "being scored on left and right"

No disrespect intended Tim, but If Givony is concerned I am as well

Comment

As Matt52 indicates all one has to do is ask the agent for Kanter's Swiss birth certificate....just like the "Birthers" in the US are doing/have done lately re Obama.

EDit: Please disregard...redundant...did not see the other posts.
                Last edited by Bendit; Thu Jun 16, 2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Mary Schmitt Boyer: Enes Kanter's agent says he's returning to Cleveland on Monday to work out for #Cavs again and meet owner HoopsHype.com

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                    Mary Schmitt Boyer: Enes Kanter's agent says he's returning to Cleveland on Monday to work out for #Cavs again and meet owner HoopsHype.com
                    very interesting!! do we have a new #1?...or trying to flush out Minny who might be looking to take K #2?
                    Last edited by Bendit; Thu Jun 16, 2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      very interesting!! do we have a new #1?...or trying to flush out Minny who might be looking to take K #2?
                      It's more likely that the Cavs are considering Kanter at #4.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                        In the podcast Givony among other things says he watched 4 games from Nov-Jan 2010 of his prep school career.
                        It is not all negative , but he questioned his effort and his intesity, he played low caliber competition and was "being scored on left and right"

No disrespect intended Tim, but If Givony is concerned I am as well
                        That wasn't Givony. It was a guy named Chris Denker. And I really know nothing about him, but from what I heard on the podcast, I'm not extremely impressed with him, quite frankly.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I haven't seen a lot of Kantar but keep reading how much everyone wants him in a Raps uniform. From what I have seen from videos and read on websites he has a legit size frame, great motor, is willing to bang inside and has decent footwork. With all of that being said no where have I seen or read anything regarding shot blocking or help side defense. These are areas that multiple people have said we need to improve on so I don't understand why the overall responds is so high on him. Has anyone watched enough of him to testify in regards to his defense, help D and shot blocking?

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                            I haven't seen a lot of Kantar but keep reading how much everyone wants him in a Raps uniform. From what I have seen from videos and read on websites he has a legit size frame, great motor, is willing to bang inside and has decent footwork. With all of that being said no where have I seen or read anything regarding shot blocking or help side defense. These are areas that multiple people have said we need to improve on so I don't understand why the overall responds is so high on him. Has anyone watched enough of him to testify in regards to his defense, help D and shot blocking?
                            Decent concerns. However, for myself, his motor and willingness to listen & learn (coachable) alongwith the possible negatives you mention and all the other positives makes him an attractive choice. If we were to accept the deficiencies you cite (shot blocking & help D) it's not like this cannot be taught and with Ed Davis who does have these skills on the floor at the same time I think we could live with it for awhile.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                              With Ed Davis going to be the future starting PF, the Raptors don't need another shotblocker. Ideally, they need a center who is a strong post defender, rebounder, scorer and someone who is good at team defense. That mostly describes Kanter. He isn't a great defender, but from the footage I've seen, he's a good post defender and has the instincts to be, at the very least, a decent help defender.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X