Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubio will sign with wolves, will jose be traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't spent much time on the Trade Machine lately, so I'm not sure what a trade centered around Jose/Flynn + #2 would look like, but I don't think Kahn would take just Jose. What other assets do the Raps have that could sweeten the offer for Kahn? (assets that we armchair GMs wouldn't mind parting with, of course)

Comment

Personally, I don't expect much movement from the Raps' side, especially given the new CBA in the horizon. Calderon will not go anywhere because of his salary. Instead, he will stay behind as Bayless' back-up and bring him along. Bargnani isn't going anywhere. If Valanciunas or Kanter is available (one of them might be at the 5 position) one of them will be drafted and serve as Bargs' back-up.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
        I agree; a Gasol/Love trade for Minny is not the best idea (young vs old, large contract vs rookie scale etc.), BUT, David Kahn is on the hot seat; if his team does not show marked improvement this year, he is going to be fired. They need player(s) who know how to win, and Gasol fits that bill to a "T".
        Umm, Kevin Love is the only player that put seats in the Target Center. He would be insane to trade away a player of his magnitude. I don't see it happening.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Kevin Love Is Not Even As Near Good Ad Gasoll.Gasol Wins Championships And Love Wins Rebounding Titles.Put Love On The Lakers And His Numbers Will Drop By More Then Half.He Is Overrrrrrrrrrrated.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Umm, Kevin Love is the only player that put seats in the Target Center. He would be insane to trade away a player of his magnitude. I don't see it happening.
            I agree with you, and I'm sure Kahn would agree with you too. That doesn't change the fact that Loves' value is at an all-time high, he doesn't get along with his head coach, and has publicly questioned the direction of his franchise multiple times. He is up for free agency soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if the odds were less than 50/50 that he re-signs, even if the new CBA makes it much easier for teams to keep their UFA's. Love cares about winning, and his legacy, and comes from a family with $$. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he took less $$ as a free agent to go to a team where he can compete on a year to year basis. That's assuming he even makes it to free agency. He's a very cerebral guy, and could possibly force a trade if he doesn't like Kahn's offseason additions.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Rubio will fill some seats in the Target Center.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
              LOL, dead on sir.

...don't cut me off though, I still like to be heard, even with a beer in my hand.

Good point, and a point I missed, the Jose trade goes out the window, if Rubio is a serious option. ...but at the same time, you want veteran experience, yet you have no veteran point guards.... things that make you go hrmmmm
              i think this guy is still drunk but i think i get what youre saying you are making me go hrmmmm thats for sure
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Any bottom feeding team should be careful about a Pau Gasol trade. There have been questions about Pau's absolute willingness to lay it on the line. He has his titles with LA and I cant see how motivated he would be going to a team like Minny from LA at his age and stage of career. He also has aspirations to finish medical school and that might well push him to it. However what might interest him is a mini-Spanish team in the nba and to give it a go for a couple of years.

Comment

The thought that Love puts more seats in the stands than Pau would is pretty short-sighted. Winning puts seats in the stands and Pau = more wins than Love and would pair up with Rubio far more naturally. Love is a hard-nosed, smart rebounder and has shown the ability to create his own offense purely by working hard under the basket. These skills would endear him to LAL fans and he would look great as the PF alongside Bynum. Pau works better under a structured system, completely understands the triangle offense Rambis has tried to institute (I know, Rambis has a short leash and may actually be shown the door prior to the season) and had a lot of the Lakers post-season failure placed on his shoulders. This would be a no-brainer if Kahn could pull it off.

Comment

BayCityBaller wrote: View Post
                    The thought that Love puts more seats in the stands than Pau would is pretty short-sighted. Winning puts seats in the stands and Pau = more wins than Love and would pair up with Rubio far more naturally. Love is a hard-nosed, smart rebounder and has shown the ability to create his own offense purely by working hard under the basket. These skills would endear him to LAL fans and he would look great as the PF alongside Bynum. Pau works better under a structured system, completely understands the triangle offense Rambis has tried to institute (I know, Rambis has a short leash and may actually be shown the door prior to the season) and had a lot of the Lakers post-season failure placed on his shoulders. This would be a no-brainer if Kahn could pull it off.
                    +1. Well put. That was my thoughts exactly, you summed it up better than I could have.

Comment

D-Money wrote: View Post
                      Kevin Love Is Not Even As Near Good Ad Gasoll.Gasol Wins Championships And Love Wins Rebounding Titles.Put Love On The Lakers And His Numbers Will Drop By More Then Half.He Is Overrrrrrrrrrrated.
                      What Is Wrong With Your Keyboard?

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
                        I agree; a Gasol/Love trade for Minny is not the best idea (young vs old, large contract vs rookie scale etc.), BUT, David Kahn is on the hot seat; if his team does not show marked improvement this year, he is going to be fired. They need player(s) who know how to win, and Gasol fits that bill to a "T".
                        Is Kahn in the hot seat? Kevin McHale lasted nearly 50 years as the Wolves' GM by throwing darts at a dartboard in order to make decisions.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Is Kahn in the hot seat? Kevin McHale lasted nearly 50 years as the Wolves' GM by throwing darts at a dartboard in order to make decisions.
                          I thought his preferred method of decision making was the Magic 8-Ball. Who knew it was darts all along.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I thought his preferred method of decision making was the Magic 8-Ball. Who knew it was darts all along.
                            Okay, let me clarify. McHale used to use the Magic 8 Ball but changed methods after the whole Joe Smith fiasco. He felt that darts would cut down on mistakes.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I have this feeling that BC is more concentrated in hiring our new coach before the draft, as of now, its very quiet in the raps front office and all we're hearing is all speculations and wishes from raptors fans on who's getting drafted, who's getting traded, what BC's gonna do, trade up, trade down etc... Don't wanna sound negative but i think BC's going to do something that none of us expects. We all have our opinions on what the raps should do on draft night and maybe one of those might happen but all im saying is dont be dissapointed if BC does something totaly unexpected..

Comment

G-locity wrote: View Post
                                I have this feeling that BC is more concentrated in hiring our new coach before the draft, as of now, its very quiet in the raps front office and all we're hearing is all speculations and wishes from raptors fans on who's getting drafted, who's getting traded, what BC's gonna do, trade up, trade down etc... Don't wanna sound negative but i think BC's going to do something that none of us expects. We all have our opinions on what the raps should do on draft night and maybe one of those might happen but all im saying is dont be dissapointed if BC does something totaly unexpected..
                                That is not negativity - that is reality.

Ever since last summer's CHA deal that wasn't, everything front office related in Raptor-land has been very hush-hush and rightfully so.

The Peja trade came from nowhere and the JJ trade was only reported when it happened. There has been lots of speculation but nothing concrete.

Comment

Working...
                                X