Raptors Republic Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Mock Draft

The idea came to me this morning as I was reading about players in the draft that we should start something on here where we get to make our lists of who we would take. I'll therefore set out rules to the thread: 1) Make your top 5 list for who the raptors should take at number 5 if they are available, 2) State who you think they can/should actually pick at 5 and back it up with a reason why. 3) You're only allowed to comment (support or condemn) on someone else's list after you have completed your own list and support for your pick.

My list: 1)Brandon Knight, 2) Enes Kanter, 3) Kawhi Leonard, 4) Kemba Walker, 5) Bismack Biyombo

I think they should draft Kawhi Leonard because he has good size and competes at a very high level. His shot has improved since college because of extensive workout with a trainer and he has a huge drive to get better. The guy has a huge motor and will play his heart out every night. If the Raptors want a change in culture on the team then they need to rebuild with guys who have this type of focus and drive.

The more I know about Kawhi, the more that I like about him. He addresses an area of need (despite the existence of JJ and Kleiza on the roster), has, as the OP has stated, a huge motor and heart and has not touched his ceiling. I'm not sure about him over Enes, but I wouldn't throw stuff at my screen if BC calls his name on draft night. As for Knight and Walker, they both have their question marks. In interviews, they both represent themselves extremely well. What I have seen of their games is impressive, but Kemba is no prototype size-wise and Knight needs to work on the mental aspects of the game in addition to his shot, both immensely important in the pg position.

Comment

Assuming they are all available at #5, here is my list. Kanter, Leonard, Biyumbo, Valancious, Walker.

I chose these guys, in that order, because IMO, the Raps most pressing need is to improve on D, and I think that the first 4 of these guys will be a step in the right direction. I realize that there is a risk in drafting Kanter, Biyumbo or Valancious based on service time and level of competition, but some defensive presence and rebounding is what the Raps need from the 5 spot, even if it's just for 15-20 mins a night.
      And before everyone starts pointing out to me that the NBA is a guard-driven league; I know that, I just don't think that this draft is where the Raps are going to find their point guard of the future, and I would rather wait until next years draft, or free agency to address that need.

Comment

My list is very similar to duncan's.

Kanter
        Leonard
        Valanciunas
        Biyumbo
        Walker

Although I'm not really sold on anyone outside of Kanter, and I'm not completely sure about the order after #1.

I'm not sold on Knight because I don't think he has PG skills, and drafting him and hoping he'll learn them is flirting with disaster. Plus, I don't know if he bring anything more than Bayless does.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

*cough*

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...dition-Summary

Comment

Hard to go with 5.

Kanter
            KLeonard
            BKnight
            KWalker

I like Biyombo but not at 5 so won't include him. One of these 4 will be there. Any other picks would, for me, be for trading away. I definitely am in the camp of getting another pick.

Kanter is our C solution longer term and hope we can get him/is still available.
            I am impressed with Kawhi's work ethic, length and determination. His defensive focus while working on his shooting abilities is also a plus.
            Both Knight and Walker offer future for the position and allows trade chips.

Comment

Kanter
              Valancuinas
              Knight
              Leonard
              Faried
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Valanciunas
                Biyumba
                Kanter
                Leonard
                Walker

Comment

Enes Kanter

Enes kanter = bust
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                    Enes kanter = bust
                    Good in depth explanation there Doc.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      Enes kanter = bust
                      You also said that Kanter = Brad Miller. So which is it? Is it that Kanter is going to be an All Star center who will be a valuable offensive and defensive player, or a bust?
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

1 Kanter
                        2 Knight
                        3 Walker
                        4 Leonard
                        5 Jonas
                        I also feel uncomfortable after Kanter. The biggest thing I like about Kanter is how few centers are available next year, unlike 1,2 and 3's. Biyombo strikes me as having a slightly less skilled offensive game than Julian Wright, and although offense is not everything...

Comment

were gonna pick leonard and then try and make a deal for another pick to get Biyombo or vice versa

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            You also said that Kanter = Brad Miller. So which is it? Is it that Kanter is going to be an All Star center who will be a valuable offensive and defensive player, or a bust?
                            Oh Snap! In your face, Lecter!

Comment

It would be amazing if we could get another pick and then get Knight/Walker and Leonard later in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X