Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#5 for #12 and Al Jefferson/Paul Milsap. Potential Utah-Toronto Draft Day trade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 for #12 and Al Jefferson/Paul Milsap. Potential Utah-Toronto Draft Day trade.

I know, i know, its bleacher report.

Link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...-raptors-trade)

What are people's thoughts? I think, besides having a defensive minded center like Haywood or Noah, Al Jefferson is the perfect compliment for Bargs. Al is a back-to-the basket post player who is a rebound machine and can kick out when need be. His defense is suspect but he can hold is own. Plus we have a ligit rebounder on our team and will allow Bargs to play face up to the basket and allow him to play on the outside.

For those who do not want to read the article, the trade would be contingent on Cavs taking Irving at #1, making Utah take Kanter at #3 and Knight at #5 (assuming trade goes though). In return we get #12 and one of Al Jefferson or Paul Milsap.

In that event, @Probballdraft explains that the Jazz would reportedly take Kanter at No. 3 and swap the 12th pick, along with either Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap, to the Raptors for the fifth-overall pick, which would presumably turn into Knight. Toronto would then spend the Jazz's second selection on Bismack Biyombo of the Congo.
    Interesting. If they do this then Bargnani is gone for sure.

This isn't BP, they're just relaying the story of some other site.

Comment

Big difference between Jefferson and Milsap....
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

your late
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

yeah id pass on this
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i would do #5 and amir for #12..jefferson and Millsap

Comment

Why would we want another pf?

Comment

D-Money wrote: View Post
                i would do #5 and amir for #12..jefferson and Millsap
                If this true than it means two things. 1) that Casey is already influencing BryCo on the draft 2) That BryCo is pretty confident in Bayless as the starting point.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Let's see how much do I hate this trade....

Well, Al Jefferson is a very good scorer and rebounder who plays defense only a little better than Bargnani. He's also got an incredibly bad contract and isn't really a center.

Millsap I actually probably like better than Jefferson, because he at least plays defense, but it would give the Raptors 3 PFs, and that doesn't include Bargnani.

What doesn't seem to make sense is that Toronto doesn't seem to have a contract going out, which should be an indication that this doesn't exactly work.

If Kanter drops to 5, forego any nonsense about trading the pick and just pick Kanter.

Man that's a stupid trade.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I agree, this is one stupid trade if it happens.

Comment

I think it's good to move down and draft Biyombo. We get at a way more cheaper price that we would at 5. That's all everything else about the trade is bad.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I think it's good to move down and draft Biyombo. We get at a way more cheaper price that we would at 5. That's all everything else about the trade is bad.
                        I politely disagree. There's a big...BIG drop in talent from Kanter to Biyombo, though I like what Biyombo does, if that is your choice you pick the more polished player.

Comment

Al Jeff is probably better than anything you're going to find at #5 and then on top of that they retain a lotto pick. Strictly from a maximizing value standpoint it's good for the Raptors. In fact it's very good. Bargnani can be moved for a wing or a PG. Ed Davis is adding a lot of mass and he may be ready for center this season. The trade makes sense to me.

Comment

agreed on a strict value stand point, this is a huge deal for the raps. Who knows what a paul millsap can net us as trade bate, plus whoever goes #13th (bismack, alec burks, singleton). Much better and safer than the #5 pick alone.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

this makes perfect sense for utah cause they will probably take kantar at #3 which gives them kantar, milsap, jefferson and okur on the roster someone has to go. So utah is giving up al jefferson (cause BC would be stupid to take milsap) and #12 for brandon knight. We all know bismack is a risk because he has huge bust potential but thats a risk you can take at #12. bargnani can still be moved to get a asset, its a calucalated risk on BC part. with all that said I don't think it happens just smoke and mirrors no one exposes their hand this early.

Comment

Working...
                              X