No announcement yet.

Irving can still be ours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any One That Thinks Irving Will Fall To #2 Is Dumber Then Jim Carry In The Movie"Dumb And Dumber"

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      Why are you hating on Bismack?
      Because any move that is predicated by one player is flawed. Are we drafting Kemba for Derozan's sake? If not, why are we drafting a player with limited skillset except rebounding for yours truly. The last time I checked, teams draft for the team, not the one player they are hoping to grow. You can surround franchise players with a complement of free agents. Unfortunately, we know that AB ain't a franchise player but a 10 Mil 6th man.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Because any move that is predicated by one player is flawed. Are we drafting Kemba for Derozan's sake? If not, why are we drafting a player with limited skillset except rebounding for yours truly. The last time I checked, teams draft for the team, not the one player they are hoping to grow. You can surround franchise players with a complement of free agents. Unfortunately, we know that AB ain't a franchise player but a 10 Mil 6th man.
        Limit skill set? He's the best defender, blocker and one of the best rebounder in this draft. The only think he's lacking is O which we don't really need right now. He is 18, there is no saying he wont get better on O either. He has stuff you can't teach like a natural feel of D, hustling and working hard.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Limit skill set? He's the best defender, blocker and one of the best rebounder in this draft. The only think he's lacking is O which we don't really need right now. He is 18, there is no saying he wont get better on O either. He has stuff you can't teach like a natural feel of D, hustling and working hard.
          I don't think the comment was as much about Bismack as it was about Bargnani. Biyombo might be a very good rebounder and shotblocker, but by most accounts he is a huge reach at 5. And if the only reason you'd draft him is because he might cover up the liabilities of a player who really isn't that good to begin with, then that's a horrible strategy.

If they want to draft Biyombo because they feel he's the best player available, then fine. But if they want to draft him because they want to play him beside Bargnani, then that's beyond stupid.

I've used the analogy before. It's like Bargnani is like one of those weird looking, "artistic" coffee tables that doesn't go with anything, and needs to be propped up by something for it to even work, but you try and buy things that might compliment it better, when you should really just sell the damn thing because it's an ugly coffee table that doesn't even work very well anyway.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
            im ok with walker i dont even think irving is that good he didnt even play that many games whats all the hype about
            http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3749/

By the way, don't be afraid of punctuation. It's there to help you.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think we should trade up to #1, and then draft Kemba Walker. It will blow everyone's minds, and teams will lose on purpose to us, in fear of what we might do next.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                My guess it's just a ploy by the Cavs to mess everybody up. Who's going to want to trade for Minny's #2 if they don't know who they're gonna get.
                i'll tell you who they are going to get and that's a damn good player and a future star of the league.

whether it's irving or williams i'd be damn happy with either one. as would the 30 gm's in the league.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  I think we should trade up to #1, and then draft Kemba Walker. It will blow everyone's minds, and teams will lose on purpose to us, in fear of what we might do next.
                  btw Amir johnson's number 15 so i don't think kemba will wear 15.

Comment

By all reports, BC has inquired and they have refused his overtures. We won't part with what they want (assume DD) so they will hold onto the pick and get Williams. He does offer some redundancy with Wes Johnson and Beasley, but also offers a far better attitude than Beasley and more upside than Wes. Rumors are rampant that Beasley is on the block, so this makes sense. Beasley has shot himself in the foot with his indifference to consistency.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      btw Amir johnson's number 15 so i don't think kemba will wear 15.
                      Don't worry, Amir can give up his number, or we'll trade him. I do not want to shell out another $70-90 for a new jersey. CARTER is only 3 letters away from WALKER.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Working...
                      X