Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy, but now that Casey is on board, could JuJu be back in our plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me crazy, but now that Casey is on board, could JuJu be back in our plans?

To me, Julian Wright is the kind of player Casey would probably like: hard-nosed defender, huge motor, good ball distributor, doesn't demand any shots. The kind of guy he can put in the game to replace someone who isn't giving the proper effort. I see Weems and Evans leaving for sure, but something tells me JuJu might get a second chance. Thoughts?

Wright is likely gone. I don't think he impressed head office with his attitude and James Johnson brings just about everything Wright does, but with more skills.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I can see where you're coming from with this, but if Triano is actually filling some management position right now JuJu is gone.

Comment

Our best one on one wing defender and will probably be gone because jay is a idiot with no concept of rotations or defense. For someone who desperately wants a defensive team even if offense is sacrificed I would hate to let this guy go but politics always wins

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
          To me, Julian Wright is the kind of player Casey would probably like: hard-nosed defender, huge motor, good ball distributor, doesn't demand any shots. The kind of guy he can put in the game to replace someone who isn't giving the proper effort. I see Weems and Evans leaving for sure, but something tells me JuJu might get a second chance. Thoughts?
          You're crazy

Comment

Gone!! Bye bye.....!!!!

Comment

Yeah, you are crazy. Below average player who refused to come off the bench. Just how you want to begin, no ACCOUNTABILIY. He sat on the bench before he came here and he sat on the bench for a 22 win team. If he should be picked up by another team you will not be reading about him as the second coming of Rodman. Hello Tokyo... Enough on Julian Wright already.

Comment

The Raptors were a 22 win team. There are few players who should be brought back and JuJu isn't one of them.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  Our best one on one wing defender and will probably be gone because jay is a idiot with no concept of rotations or defense. For someone who desperately wants a defensive team even if offense is sacrificed I would hate to let this guy go but politics always wins
                  Jay has nothing to do with Wright's future as a Raptor or NBA player. The kid was given different opportunities throughout his short career, he has started 40 games in the NBA. While he has shown decent 1 on 1 defense and an ability to pass the ball, he has not shown the ability to make an open shot or even knock down free throws at a decent clip for a perimeter player. While I think he has a good feel for the game I think his basketball IQ is low, and that, not Jay, is what is keeping him from being successful.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I can buy this. He could be our DeShawn Stevenson, except that Wright can't make a shot to save his life, and I'm thinking floor spacing and extending the defense is going to be top in Casey's plan.

Comment

Wright will be a UFA

I think he gets a clean slate now but him coming back depends on what other options are available. He has a qualifying offer of nearly $4M so needless to say they're going to let him become a UFA (unrestricted free agent).

Comment

Deshawn Stevenson might be a good replacement. Yeah he has a drinking problem but he can ball. Casey might be an influence as well. I believe he is a f/a.

Comment

His qualifying offer is way too high. So unless the Raps make him a deal in free agency at a much lower number, I can't see him being back.

Which is too bad. I can't believe the guy has been in the league for a few years and still hasn't developed any kind of a jump shot.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Deshawn Stevenson might be a good replacement. Yeah he has a drinking problem but he can ball. Casey might be an influence as well. I believe he is a f/a.
                            He doesn't have a drinking problem. The drinking gives him a thinking problem.

Comment

meductic wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, you are crazy. Below average player who refused to come off the bench. Just how you want to begin, no ACCOUNTABILIY. He sat on the bench before he came here and he sat on the bench for a 22 win team. If he should be picked up by another team you will not be reading about him as the second coming of Rodman. Hello Tokyo... Enough on Julian Wright already.
                              Wright refused to go into one game... that doesn't mean he'll always or has regularily done that.

In reality I understand exactly where he is coming from. The guy wasn't given opportunities to play early, regardless of how badly the Raps needed defenders. Then he is given an opportunity to play, due to injuries, and he looked good out there. Then Triano returns to NOT playing Wright even though he had looked like the best SF the Raps had up to that point in time.

Now you get to that specific game where the Raps are completely getting destroyed, no one is trying, no hustle and no defense... and Triano leaves Wright on the bench until the game is completely out of reach? How ridiculous is that.

I think that day and Wrights actions said alot more about Triano and the organization than it said about Wright. I wish more players would have stood up and made a statement about what was really wrong with the organization and where the lack of accountability really began

Comment

Working...
                              X