Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy, but now that Casey is on board, could JuJu be back in our plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I can buy this. He could be our DeShawn Stevenson, except that Wright can't make a shot to save his life, and I'm thinking floor spacing and extending the defense is going to be top in Casey's plan.
    Well, that's the thing. Shawn Marion's jumper is the Mona Lisa compared to Wright's. There's no way he'll ever be a solid rotation player in this league until he fixes it. And when I say fix it, I mean COMPLETELY scraps it and builds an entirely new jumper from scratch. If he doesn't take this summer to go train with a shooting coach, then he's an absolute fool. But in small does, say, 12 minutes a game, he serves a useful purpose on any team, with or without a jumper.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
      Wright refused to go into one game... that doesn't mean he'll always or has regularily done that.

In reality I understand exactly where he is coming from. The guy wasn't given opportunities to play early, regardless of how badly the Raps needed defenders. Then he is given an opportunity to play, due to injuries, and he looked good out there. Then Triano returns to NOT playing Wright even though he had looked like the best SF the Raps had up to that point in time.
      Now you get to that specific game where the Raps are completely getting destroyed, no one is trying, no hustle and no defense... and Triano leaves Wright on the bench until the game is completely out of reach? How ridiculous is that.

I think that day and Wrights actions said alot more about Triano and the organization than it said about Wright. I wish more players would have stood up and made a statement about what was really wrong with the organization and where the lack of accountability really began
      ...and how much was he getting paid? Is he or is he not a professional? Do you think a 22 win team has the luxury of having role players dictate their playing time. In my view this was inexcusable, no matter who the coach is. Casey will not always be popular with his players... no coach is. Allowing this guy to return is setting the team up for a repeat of the Detroit situation. For the reasons listed above about his short comings it is time to move on..

Comment

U guys realize that julian shots a better % than james johnson

Comment

JuJu, still can be an integral part of this team, he's athletic, long, smart, and a good passer. And he's not a liability on offense, the dude is only 23 and still has room to grow.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
            U guys realize that julian shots a better % than james johnson
            That's not good gauge for a guy who got most of his points through putting in junk around the rim. I don't want either of those guys getting many looks.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Jay has nothing to do with Wright's future as a Raptor or NBA player. The kid was given different opportunities throughout his short career, he has started 40 games in the NBA. While he has shown decent 1 on 1 defense and an ability to pass the ball, he has not shown the ability to make an open shot or even knock down free throws at a decent clip for a perimeter player. While I think he has a good feel for the game I think his basketball IQ is low, and that, not Jay, is what is keeping him from being successful.
              No, I'd argue he has a high basketball IQ. He can still be our Shawn Marion, if he can improve his 3-point shooting a smudge. Both Marion and JuJu score most of their points 10-ft and in.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                That's not good gauge for a guy who got most of his points through putting in junk around the rim. I don't want either of those guys getting many looks.
                Not saying he is a go to guy but just pointing out he plays better D and shots better than JJ, how he gets his baskets doesn't matter. He must have been doing something right to shot above 50%

Comment

The games I watched last season it looked obvious to me the JJ was the better player. Stats don't win games is all I can say.

Comment

meductic wrote: View Post
                    ...and how much was he getting paid? Is he or is he not a professional? Do you think a 22 win team has the luxury of having role players dictate their playing time. In my view this was inexcusable, no matter who the coach is. Casey will not always be popular with his players... no coach is. Allowing this guy to return is setting the team up for a repeat of the Detroit situation. For the reasons listed above about his short comings it is time to move on..
                    who cares how much he is getting paid? How does that influence anything? How much was Jay getting paid? Shouldn't he be professional to? Treat each player with same respect? accountability? Would you sit there with your thumb up your ass at your job if your boss did something similar to you? Would you just say "yes sir. You pay me so you can treat me with as little respect as you want! I don't care that I worked harder than those girls with big tits. I don't care that I can do more to help this business than them. I don't want the promotion I just want a pay cheque. I don't care about my self esteem and pride." Being 'professional' doesn't mean you just do as you are told all the time... thats called being a pussy.

Does a 22 win team have the luxury of playing guys who aren't helping them win? and not playing guys who may have just much ability/opportunity to help them win?

I agree it was inexcusable... inexcusable to not to put Wright in earlier. Inexcusable to leave the players on the floor who were not trying, not putting in an effort and not benifiting the team. Inexcusable to ask a guy who the coach overlooked all game for NO REASON to go out in a meaningless game lost due to EVERYONE else.

This isn't Solomon Alabi we are talking about. This is a guy who proved he deserved to be out there every day but didn't because the girls with tits were always given priority.

I wish more players would have done what Wright did. I would have loved if all those guys on the bench sat there and refused to go in... send a message that what had been happening for the last 2-3 years was utter bullshit.

Comment

Blaming Triano for Wright's lack of playing time is a little ridiculous. People complain about Triano not holding players accountable, but from what I gather Wright is not a hard worker, which is why New Orleans gave up on him so quickly, and, I'm guessing, why Triano stopped playing him.

Wright's offense, outside of passing the ball, was just plain bad and has shown no improvement over the course of his NBA career. That tells me a lot.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The minute Wright decided not to back into a game in Golden State, I believe he sealed his fate with this team.

Comment

I don't see condemning the man for one bad error in judgement. However, he failed to produce, even with this weak Raptors team! I like his hustle, but must respectfully say he was a liability on the floor. At the end of the day, talent must outweigh character (sad...but true!)

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Deshawn Stevenson might be a good replacement. Yeah he has a drinking problem but he can ball. Casey might be an influence as well. I believe he is a f/a.
                            but he was lights out in the finals. Rainin all over miami

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              JJ has a decent jumper but it still has ways to go. If he can fix that his offense will be enough and i agree i don't want him getting too many touches. JJ i believe is a bigger and better version of JW with more athletisism, height, strength, hops, better jumper, defender and shot blocker.

Comment

The comparisons to Marion need to stop that's ridiculous. Marion was a bonifide all-star and stuffed the box score in every category while doing all other intangibles that don't show up as well. Comparing a guy who can't get minutes on a 22 win team is not fair or warranted what so ever.

As for the comparison to JJ I'll take JJ 10 out of 10 times. As good if not better man to man defense, much better rebounder, way better shot blocker and help defender, finishes at the rim better, similar shooters and passers. Not sure what category I can put Wright ahead of JJ in at this point.

If we're looking for another wing draft Leonard or sign a professional, hard working, blue collar vet. Wight or "JuJu" as some call him should be shown the door!

Comment

Working...
                                X