Wear your jerseys to work day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear your jerseys to work day

Thrusday! Everyone do it, if you thinka bout it your jersey is really just a nylon vest with a city and players name on it. Throw it on top of a shirt and tie it looks crazy professional! Well maybe not, but show support on Thursday!

AKA get fired day
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I never understood the idea of paying $150 for a shirt that costs $20. But that's just me. I'm also of the belief that people over the age of 21 shouldn't wear a jersey except when actually playing. But that's just me.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        I never understood the idea of paying $150 for a shirt that costs $20. But that's just me. I'm also of the belief that people over the age of 21 shouldn't wear a jersey except when actually playing. But that's just me.
        If you buy them straight from China on the internet, they're like $20-$25 at the most.

But yeah, I'm definitely not wearing a jersey to work. That's for a weekend thing - or if I'm going to a sporting event.

Comment

As a child and teenager I always wore jerseys. I also never like getting rid of stuff, so I have a collection of NBA jerseys from different eras I more or less decorate the basement with them. I only really get the use of them on game days! I also found being a smaller guy, buying the XL youth jerseys for $70 was more beneficial versus the over sized small size in mens!

Comment

This maybe a killjoy suggestion but giving that money to help buy a few basketballs for underprivileged kids here or say in Africa would be money well spent and I guarantee you'd feel much better about it.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              This maybe a killjoy suggestion but giving that money to help buy a few basketballs for underprivileged kids here or say in Africa would be money well spent and I guarantee you'd feel much better about it.
              I would agree. However, couldn't you make that same argument regarding ANY affluent/ non-essential purchase you've EVER made?

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
                i would agree. However, couldn't you make that same argument regarding any affluent/ non-essential purchase you've ever made?
                baaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

+1
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

the only jersey i have is a bargnani one that was a gift...
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't think you can see it under my Walmart smock

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
                      I would agree. However, couldn't you make that same argument regarding ANY affluent/ non-essential purchase you've EVER made?
                      You mean like my yacht and Porsche?

Sorry, I just dont see the point of wearing a jersey costing as much as it does (many buy multiples of them) and providing oodles of cash ultimately to millionaires who play for (sometimes very badly) pro teams and their owners. And no, I cannot make the same argument for EVERY non-essential purchase....well maybe a sweater with Abercrombie & Fitch emblazoned all over.

Comment

I just bought a Raptors Jersey at Winners for $12. It is NBA official merchandise. Half of the jerseys are #4 Bosh but half have no numbers or names. They are in the clearance part of the men's section marked down from $49 from MSRP of over $100. I have seen these jerseys at Winners on the Queensway/Kipling, Dixie Value Mall and at Heartland.

At Talize on Dixie and Dundas there are about a dozen various players names vintage Raps jerseys for under $20.

Just saying that you don't have to break the bank to get a Jersey.
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Also theres a wicked store in shoppers world brampton that are selling bargs for $25!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            hahahaha worst response ever

hey instead of writing on a forum you could be out at a shelter helping needy people. Sorry to be preaching some ridiculous crap that's not at all related but Africa and children and boo consumerism.

Comment

Working...
                            X