Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spurs Offering Tony Parker? Looking to draft Valanciunas? (See post #74)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurs Offering Tony Parker? Looking to draft Valanciunas? (See post #74)

Apparently Spurs are shopping Parker to Toronto and Sacramento for lottery pick:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...a_draft_062111

Not sure it's a great idea.

I was about to say how i thought he was awesome but that he would be to old by the time were ready to compete, but then I realized that the Pg who just won was Jason Kidd....

Comment

Bad Choice..All Tony Parker Will Do Is Help The Raps Win Games And Ruin Are Lottery Choices For Next Year..He Is Getting Up Their In Age And Wouldn't Be In the Long Term Plan's..We Are Trying To Build To Last Like OKC Did...

Comment

Uuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Just a little worried that BC's 2 year timeframe could lead to this sort of quick fix to medicority

Comment

The Only Way I Would Do This Trade Is If He Was Still With Eva Langoriaa...Damnnnnn..She WouldBe At All The Raps Game...He Fucked It Up Soooo Naaaaaaaaaaaaaahh We Pass ...

Comment

A move like this would bring me a step closer to not being a fan of this team.

Comment

Can't mess with the youth movement. Don't do it BC!

Comment

I'll take my chances with Kemba, thank you very much!

Comment

You know it's funny...for all the talk of this being a weak draft, there are an awful lot of championship calibre teams looking to trade cornerstones of their franchise to get into the lottery.

Comment

D-Money wrote: View Post
                      Bad Choice..All Tony Parker Will Do Is Help The Raps Win Games And Ruin Are Lottery Choices For Next Year..He Is Getting Up Their In Age And Wouldn't Be In the Long Term Plan's..We Are Trying To Build To Last Like OKC Did...
                      I completely disagree. Like Casey being brought in to teach the Raptors defence, another guy with championship rings, Tony Parker, would be the solid veteren presence that leads them to where their potential takes them. To be honest, I'd deal Calderon AND the #5 pick for Parker. Having proven winners/all stars/Finals MVPs on your team while still young (He just turned 29 last month) is building into the long term plans.

Let's assume that Parker could give Toronto 3 top tier level years in stats and leadership. By that time, Colangelo along with all the fans and NBA pundits will know the limit of this "core" of young players. At that time, if the Raptors are looking to contend and Parker is slowing down going into his 4th season with Toronto, he could become the 6th man and the team could find means to bring in another PG as FAs would want to come to Toronto because it's a great city and it's winning.

If people are looking to bring in 5 young players 23 and younger and build a contender is going to be disappointed. A team always needs veteren leadership and skills (the tricks of the trade only come with time). To take a chance on a proven PG leader would be the best hope Toronto has. And besides, who knows what this pick could be? I say it's more of a gamble not to trade for Parker if indeed the rumours hold merit.

Lastly, Colangelo has 2 years to get this team winning. He will not settle for passing up on all star talent just to keep the #5 pick in a weaker than average draft.

Let's see...

Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker or Tony Parker?

If I were the GM and I'm not, I can't imagine how I could pass up Tony Parker.
                      Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

I think BC is a smart GM. If he makes this trade then I will go back to be a Celtics fan like I was pre Raps!

Comment

I've always been a fan of Parker, but I'm not so sure about this one. The only way it would make sense would be if James Anderson was also part of the package. Something like Parker/Anderson/#29 for Kleiza/Calderon/#5 might work... although I doubt the Spurs would bite.
                          Last edited by jrdyck; Tue Jun 21, 2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                            I was about to say how i thought he was awesome but that he would be to old by the time were ready to compete, but then I realized that the Pg who just won was Jason Kidd....
                            Yea but...Jason Kidd is in a different class

Comment

He's 29 years old. No doubt he could help the team but it should not be done by way of sacrificing the future by dealing the 5th.

Comment

Working...
                              X