Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors free agents: Who's gonna stay? leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors free agents: Who's gonna stay? leave?

Restricted: Joey Dorsey, Sonny Weems, Julian Wright
    Unrestricted: Alexis Ajinça, Reggie Evans, Leandro Barbosa (Player Option)

Who do you think will be back in a Raptors uniform next season?

dorsey. MAYBE sonny.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

Way too early to tell. The only one who probably won't be back is Wright.

Comment

Out of that bunch not counting Barbosa, the only player I would welcome back is Evans, the guy plays hard....if not well.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

None of these guys matter. although I do like reggie, I'd rather just play Alabi and watch him sink or swim in glorious fashion.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

The only ones I'd want back are:

one of Dorsey or Evans as a third string PF

and Ajinca as a third string C if Alabi or Bargnani were dealt.

Comment

Depending on the final roster Dorsey could get another year at the minimum (partially guaranteed) or even Reggie on the cheap as they said he was a good leader and brings a blue collar work ethic. Both of these guys chances are barring the draft, trade and free agency.

Wright should be unrestricted after he doesn't receive the qualifying offer and won't be back. I also can see the Raps letting Weems walk to try and change the culture. Weems is nonchalant laid back attitude/friendship could hinder Demar going forward. They need a savy vet to help groom Demar not a guy more worried about his twitter account then his play.

Comment

Barbosa. No one else.

Comment

I'd take Dorsey back, depending on team needs post draft. He could emerge into a useful role-player for this team over time. Downside is that you want youth or experience and he doesn't really have either, but he's got hustle, strength and is probably better suited to that 3rd-string PF role than aging and oft-injured Evans.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

Maybe Barbosa. I'd like to see Evans stay because he would fit the system and the Raptors are going to need some vets. I respect Dorsey a lot. He's a good reserve player so I don't see the problem with giving the 13th, 14th or 15th slot to him.

I don't want Wright back really. He turned me off when he disrespected the coaching staff. I don't like Weems' shot selection. In a Dwayne Casey system where they're not running a lot of set plays I'm thinking he would be a possession killer.

Comment

You know what, I could actually see Weems being scared shitless of Casey and return to "Good Sonny" form. If Barbosa leaves, BC might be so inclined to keep Sonny around for the minimum. I'm not saying he was ever a phenom, but I think we would be happy if he was able to hone that mid-range game he displayed not so long ago, and play some decent defense.

Comment

The only things different about "good Sonny" was perception and shot volume. By perception I mean the fans were really happy about them finding a player out of the blue who contribute at times. By volume I mean he didn't take as many shots and as a result his poor shot selection wasn't as glaring even though it was still there.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          The only things different about "good Sonny" was perception and shot volume. By perception I mean the fans were really happy about them finding a player out of the blue who contribute at times. By volume I mean he didn't take as many shots and as a result his poor shot selection wasn't as glaring even though it was still there.
                          I seem to remember "good Sonny" having some good defensive games against opposing PGs. His shot selection was better because he didn't have it in his head that he was some type of playmaker. He basically came off of screens, set his feet, and shot the mid-range ball. This past year he decided he was all-world and was going to show us his "skillset". We all know how that turned out.

Comment

is this thread about who we want or who we think? because there are a lot of desktop bco's and realistically its not like these players are hard to find or have gobs of talent (minus barbosa who is still a sixth man at best ) so really if we expect to achieve success at a higher rate these guys are going to have to go because all their doing is taking up a roster spot. I respect reggie for what he does but pops m.b. can do the same damn thing ata cheaper rate and he ain't in this league no more.what im saying is call me when demar and them are fa's
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Sincerely, I don't think the Raptors will get much better on the free agents market. They're going to improve by the draft and maybe by trades, or simply by letting this group grow together. When I look at the free agency I don't see a lot of players who, first, would be willing to sign with the Raptors and, second, would make them a better team.

Comment

Working...
                              X