Iggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iggy

I guess we've bounced this idea a bit further, but I think we need to examine a bit more closely. The only thing preventing this team from getting to the second round is a SG who can either score and defend. I believe that if we get to the second round, Bosh will certainly stay. How do we make this happen?

I think the answer is getting Andre Igoudala. I just don't see how Orlando or the Celtics match up with us. Igoudala will lock down their best perimeter player, and they simply have no answer for Chris Bosh on the other end (even if KG returns, he won't be healthy enough to guard Bosh successfully.) I'm less confident in speaking about the Hawks and Cavs, since I've not watched their games enough. But please feel free to chip in on how we'd match up with them after the trade.

Now, regarding the logistics of the trade, I don't even know if Philly will accept DDR+expirings for Iggy. But let is suppose for a second they would... do you think the Raptors would be willing to pull the trigger on such a deal? Iggy's contract is only at 12 million this year, but increases rapidly. But if getting an impact player like him is what it takes to get the second round and keep Bosh, then I think it is well worth it. Thoughts?

I love the idea of getting Iguodala.

I think it would also trigger the need to dump Turkoglu. Not enough basketballs for the PG, Iggy, Hedo, Bosh and Bargnani. That opening would create an opportunity for a new wing too. Another opportunity to upgrade the team. Maybe it takes until next offseason to find that player ... but it creates an opportunity which is important (avoid being a treadmill team).

I don't know what the Raptors could offer Philadelphia but on the bright side it seems like they're undervaluing Iggy so the Raptors have that in their favour. The next question is whether they rate Calderon or Bargnani (plus DeRozan) highly enough to part with Iggy. Or if the Raps can trade one of those guys for a large expiring contract (I don't think the Raps have enough expirings at the moment outside of Bosh) and then send that over to Phily along with DeRozan.

Anyway, I think this one is impossible to tell because Ed Stefanksi has given nothing away ... but it's definitely an opportunity that I'd like Colangelo to fully explore. Iguodala is a very special player. I love the impact he has in non-scoring areas. Great to have a perimeter player who can do that.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Love to get Iggy.
      Have to hope 76ers are blowing it all up for this to happen. They might.
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

The sad thing with Iggy is we could have drafted him always brings a tear to my eye when people say he would be a great fit in toronto......

Comment

Working...
        X