No announcement yet.

Ajinca, Big presence defender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we can sign him for cheap, why not? We are still in tank mode, and the kid is likely to improve to some degree with more minutes. His stock goes up a little and he becomes a piece you can throw into a trade a year or two down the road. If we can't land a descent C we might as well have two young guys split back up minutes.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

pakdawgie wrote: View Post
      Casey had Ajinca in Dallas and they dumped him.
      It might have had something to do with the depth chart of Chandler, Haywood, Mahinmi at centre and needing a roster spot for Peja. (I'm still a little surprised that deal was not rescinded).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        It might have had something to do with the depth chart of Chandler, Haywood, Mahinmi at centre and needing a roster spot for Peja. (I'm still a little surprised that deal was not rescinded).
        If they saw any upside in him I'm sure they could have found room especially with Chandler a FA

Comment

It's very hard to see upside when they barely play. See Jermaine O'Neal and Gerald Wallace.

Then again, he could just be bad.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            If we can sign him for cheap, why not? We are still in tank mode, and the kid is likely to improve to some degree with more minutes. His stock goes up a little and he becomes a piece you can throw into a trade a year or two down the road. If we can't land a descent C we might as well have two young guys split back up minutes.
            ^This

Does it really matter who is Player #15 on the roster?

Comment

nah alabi is a beast he'll be a backup for the free agent center we pick up. Ajinca will maybe stay as a third string

Comment

Working...
              X