Dwane Casey Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwane Casey Interview

Great interview by Devlin other than the part where Raptors.com cut him off with bad editing. Still really interesting and should show where this team is going.

edit:

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Jun 23, 2011, 01:51 AM.

All I got from it was Bargs is staying
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

For me the honeymoon is on and I'm very impressed by what he has said so far. A connection with the players and assistants that is motivating and based on results will be a big upgrade at HC.
      As far as Bargs staying etc he is commenting on the team as it stands now. That certainly doesn't mean they finish the season the way they look now.

Comment

Fill in the blanks:

__________ was instrumental on his previous team's defense.
        __________ was an assistant coach under Rick Carlisle.
        __________ came highly recommended by Rick Carlisle.
        __________ became the head coach of the Toronto Raptors.

There are two answers, but I believe only one of them is addicted to Diet Coke.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          I believe only one of them is addicted to Diet Coke.
          Well that would be Kevin O'Neill.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Well that would be Kevin O'Neill.
            I sure hope Rick Carlisle doesn't have some kind of personal vendetta against Toronto!

Fool me once, shame on you.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Fill in the blanks:

__________ was instrumental on his previous team's defense.
              __________ was an assistant coach under Rick Carlisle.
              __________ came highly recommended by Rick Carlisle.
              __________ became the head coach of the Toronto Raptors.

There are two answers, but I believe only one of them is addicted to Diet Coke.
              Kevin O'Neil and Dwane Casey.

Comment

I sure hope Rick Carlisle doesn't have some kind of personal vendetta against Toronto!

Fool me once, shame on you.
                Let's hope Dwayne doesn't go all Rolling Stones on his hotel room when one of his players' breaks his hand.

Comment

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb..._another_shot/

“The misnomer that you are in Canada and not in the States is totally misplaced,’’ Casey said. “Because it’s a great sports city. I can’t imagine if you turn the program around how exciting it would be. It’s a melting pot for anybody. But a lot of times players just come there in the dead of winter and don’t really get a taste of the city. That’s one thing that’s going to be our mission, is to try to change that image and go back to my recruiting days at Kentucky, and try to recruit.’’
                  Twenty-plus years ago, Casey was one of the country’s best recruiters but got caught up in the Eddie Sutton scandal and was accused of sending money to prospective players. The NCAA couldn’t prove that Casey actually sent money and he was exonerated, but not without damage to his reputation. Casey resurfaced in the NBA and spent 11 years in Seattle as an assistant coach, primarily under George Karl, before taking the Timberwolves’ top job in 2005.

Comment

Working...
                  X