Kemba Walker over Brandon Knight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I prefer Knight for the height and longer reach. Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Is Kemba that much different than Bayless?
    Is Knight all that much different than Bayless? I just read an article that broke Knight down and out of all the NBA players their study showed that Knight most closely projects to be none other than our own Jerryd Bayless. I'll set the building on fire is they draft either of these guys. Their skills are much too redundant when compared to Bayless.

Comment

Apparently Walker has knee issues:

UConn guard Kemba Walker has a minor knee issue that is causing concern with draft approaching, sources say.
      http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo...95953534742528

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        I prefer Knight for the height and longer reach. Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Is Kemba that much different than Bayless?
        You should be asking that about Knight. Their stats in college were very close, but Bayless was a notch better. His PER was 23.7 compared to Knight's 19.2.

Bayless had a FG% of 45.8% and 3FG% of 40.7%. Knight's had a FG% 42.3% and 37.7% 3FG%. Bayless' pure point rating: -0.85. Knight's is -1.10. Bayless, at 25.3% also a had slightly higher usage rate than Knight, 24.3%. Knight's a lot longer and beat him in the lane agility, but Bayless is a much better ball handler, and can jumper a bit higher. But their measurements, again are alike. (All of this is from DE.)

Kemba's much more like Ford/Lawson. And he was FORCED into a scoring role, using 30.7% of Uconn's possessions. That's KD/Westbrook territory, it won't be remotely close to that in the NBA.

Comment

dballa21 wrote: View Post
          With the Jazz being sold on Kanter, and Cleveland on Valanciunas that means Knight could be available at 5. My personal opinion is that we still draft Kemba because he is the better player, safer, fits more of a need, and has similar potential.
          plus why would you draft the guy over the guy he refused to face? people dont say mayweather over pacman for that same reason!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

thatpeterguy wrote: View Post
            Is Knight all that much different than Bayless? I just read an article that broke Knight down and out of all the NBA players their study showed that Knight most closely projects to be none other than our own Jerryd Bayless. I'll set the building on fire is they draft either of these guys. Their skills are much too redundant when compared to Bayless.
            You mean the same study that projected Darius Morris to be Deron Wiliams? Or Jan Vesely to Andrew Bogut? Or Greg Smith to DeMar DeRozan?

Comment

Walker is falling like a rock:

Consensus among sources is that Kings are leaning heavily toward Jimmer Fredette at No. 10 over Kemba Walker.
              http://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinside...04062068080641

Comment

WALKER! If we pass on him, I have this bad feeling we are going to miss out on something great ....

Comment

Its Knight. No matter what Kemba did in College, Knight has the physical attributes and shooting skills of a point guard and also being the youngest in this draft class he has the most potential. That said, my steal of the night will be whatever team takes Kemba. He is NBA ready and i can see him sliding down to #12 to the Jazz.

Comment

knight seems redundant to bayless

Comment

i've read so much draft rumours and spin in the last few days i'm not sure what I believe anymore. IF Kemba has knee problems then I think we draft Kanter Valanciunas Biyombo in that order. Brandon Knight is lower on my list.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

zulfi wrote: View Post
                        knight seems redundant to bayless
                        I agree, but I don't think that should stop BC from picking him. Both Knight and Bayless are still unknown commodities in this league and with Barbosa likely leaving one can be your starting pg while the other can be your sixth man combo guard. In that situation you trade Jose and then you've got two young athletic guards who'll be playing significant minutes. Then you figure out who's worth keeping and worst case scenario you have an appealing trade chip to work with.

Comment

Working...
                        X