Turkoglu upset with his role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkoglu upset with his role

"I try to do my best, but I'm limited," Turkoglu said. "I just run on the side and expect them to just pass it to me. When for the past three years (in Orlando) I've been a point guard, too, leading the team and making decisions. ... I'm not happy how I play right now, but because of the situation, I'm limited."
    "It's not like I'm (criticizing) the guys or the system or anything," he said. "In this situation, I can just do this, and I am trying to do my best."
    "Does he want (the ball) more? Yes. Does everybody? Yes," Triano said Monday night
    "A lot of us have had different roles prior to coming here. I think we've all had to adjust," said Jack, the point guard, when asked about Turkoglu's comments. "I don't know if you can just say, `This is how it was in Orlando.' Bottom line is, we're not in Orlando. I'm not trying to bash anybody, but I can't be like ... `When I was (in college) at Georgia Tech ...'"
    "We probably just need to talk about it, see where he can get the ball, spots where he can be aggressive," said Bosh. "Once we talk about it, it'll help him out."
    TheStar.com

So much of this communications stuff is fundamentally pro-active coaching....it really makes me wonder about JT. Looks like issues are still bubbling beneath the surface with the team. The last quote attr. to Bosh should have been addressed already by JT. But this is what happens with so many new faces which makes communicating that much more important.

Comment

I think Hedo had a valid complaint. Jay is not taking advantage of him enough. You don't spend $50M on a point forward to have him watching other guys dribble around with the ball all night. If Jay isn't going to use him like Orlando did then is he worth the money? What was the point in signing him?

Comment

The point in signing him is simple: Colangelo has always liked him. Just like the signings of O'Neal and Marion, it's always been about guys BC has liked. Screw building a team with pieces that fit, he's more interested in building a team that looks good in his biography.

Comment

Personally, I feel his bio will look better if he can put in there "NBA champion" than "perennial 1st round failure". Brian needs to get his ducks in a row if he wants Bosh to stick around. Time to pull the trigger on either a Jose Calderon deal or a Hedo Turkoglu deal because neither of those guys can play their most effective game together. Both need the ball. I am of the belief that Hedo is the better overall player so that leads me to the conclusion that Jose needs to go.

Comment

For all his faults, I would rather have Colangelo at the helm than another low profile mediocre GM like Babcock. At least Bryan has the connections to make deals happen in the first place, even if we disagree with them.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think Hedo had a valid complaint. Jay is not taking advantage of him enough. You don't spend $50M on a point forward to have him watching other guys dribble around with the ball all night. If Jay isn't going to use him like Orlando did then is he worth the money? What was the point in signing him?
              There is no point in acquiring a player, paying him all that money, and then refusing to use his best talents. It's idiotic.

Triano has to be fired or Turkoglu has to be traded. There's no other options (good options!).
              nbaroundtable

Comment

It seems like the Raptors front office totally miscalculated what Turkoglu's game is. You dont spend 50 mill on a spot up shooter.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                  For all his faults, I would rather have Colangelo at the helm than another low profile mediocre GM like Babcock. At least Bryan has the connections to make deals happen in the first place, even if we disagree with them.
                  Whether we agree or disagree doesn't matter. What the end result is does. In his case this team has produced a declining record year after year and a revolving door roster.

Comment

Working...
                  X