Post-Draft Reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    I have decided that there is only one way to paint a positive picture on this draft and the absolutely horrible blunder that BC has, once again, made. Here it is, my new mantra:

Draft? What draft? It never happened. We had no draft picks this year, hence there is no new player on the roster. Simple as that.
    Or you can simply wait and watch the guy play. Hey, there's a thought.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      What guy? I just checked the payroll, it's the same as it was yesterday and the day before. We had no draft pick. It's a shame because if we did I would have taken Kemba Walker.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Balls - I'm not sure if you are happy or need medical attention.
        he had medical attention already. his balls are made of steel, remember?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I'm lining up my Baltic League Pass right now. If that doesn't work, I am actually in Moscow from the fall of 2012 until spring 2013, maybe I'll skip over to Vilnius to watch him play in person.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            What guy? I just checked the payroll, it's the same as it was yesterday and the day before. We had no draft pick. It's a shame because if we did I would have taken Kemba Walker.
            Actually, Walker wouldn't be on the payroll now, either. And if you're complaining that the Raptors might have to wait a year for him, I think that's a lousy argument. Or maybe you think San Antonio should have drafted Armon Gilliam instead of David Robinson because they would have had to have waited two years? I know, it's an extreme example, but the simple fact is that Valanciunas was widely considered to be the best player available, unlike Walker who lasted until 9, and the Raptors weren't going to be competing for a Championship anytime soon, anyway, so why not take the player who is expected to give you the best long term success?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Why isn't there an option for "Happy but would of preferred another player" option? I don't mine Jonas V but I wanted Bismack.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                Why isn't there an option for "Happy but would of preferred another player" option? I don't mine Jonas V but I wanted Bismack.
                Biyombo is BC's gift to Jordan after the Chandler fiasco. Biyombo will be a super bust in a team that cannot score. Good luck Charlotte! Hey, you may want to read this:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...Michael-Jordan
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Brian talking to McCowan on the Fan590 admitted that if Jonas was taken by Cleveland then he would have taken Biyombo. So Brian was never going to get Walker or Knight.

Source

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Biyombo is BC's gift to Jordan after the Chandler fiasco. Biyombo will be a super bust in a team that cannot score. Good luck Charlotte! Hey, you may want to read this:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...Michael-Jordan
                    Just as it's foolish to call Valanciunas a bad pick despite not seeing him, I think it's foolish to call Biyombo a bust without watching more of him.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Brian talking to McCowan on the Fan590 admitted that if Jonas was taken by Cleveland then he would have taken Biyombo. So Brian was never going to get Walker or Knight.

Source
                      *Goes into a rage* I hate you BC. Bismack > Jonas.

I hate Cavs even more now.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Biyombo is going to become the next Hasheem Thabeet!

Comment

For all those who thought and still think that someone like Kawhi Leonard would be a better pick than JV, consider this. How many nanoseconds would it take San Antonio to say "yes" if Colangelo now offered JV for Leonard? Or what about Indiana, who just traded Leonard for George Hill? Do you think Colangelo would have any trouble trading JV for George Hill? People need to give their head a shake and realize that this pick wasn't just some Euro reach by Colangelo. JV is highly regarded across the NBA. Oh, and anyone who thinks that Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker would have a huge impact in their first season, go back and see how much impact players like Rondo, Westbrook, Wall, etc. had in their first year. Each of those players are arguably much higher in potential than any of the point guards that were available this year.

Comment

I want a trade soon. Need one. This team has to look different. Still looks the same. Need something.
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

I'm not upset that we took JV over Kawhi. I'm just upset about Kawhi because he slid so much, and it was the Spurs who finally nabbed him. The Spurs quietly had another very solid draft. Those....competent bastards. Kawhi's ceiling may not be super high (who knows?) but the Spurs wouldn't have given up Hill if they didn't feel they had a good read on his likelihood of impacting the game how they want. Meanwhile, they also drafted Cory Joseph, who can now develop into Hill's role, essentially, which is probably the right kind of guy/role for him to target. Again...competent bastards...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Biyombo is going to become the next Hasheem Thabeet!
                                Biyombo is far more fluid an athlete than Thabeet.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X