No announcement yet.

Raptors Targeting a Free Agent Centre? Chisholm's 2 cents post #71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so, what the fuck are we going to talk about all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

cause i can now guarantee we aren't getting chandler or anyone for that matter
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Ah... Bargnani?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        so, what the fuck are we going to talk about all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

cause i can now guarantee we aren't getting chandler or anyone for that matter
        We can talk about Jonas Val's play in the U-19 tournament and hopefully Eurobasket later on.

Comment

• I really don't understand going after Chandler. First, you'd have to vastly overpay him, probably crippling the team financially before it's even made the playoffs. Secondly, getting Chandler is more likely to make them a mediocre team than anything, and would probably hurt the future more than it would help it.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I don't like it either.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Raptors interested in Sam

Regarding Dalembert and free agency, NY, Miami, Toronto, and Houston are expected to join Sacramento as suitors.
              Source: @sam_amick

Comment

• Tyson Chandler to become Unrestricted Free Agent. Raptors Plan "to go hard" after him

Source

Besides big-spending rivals such as Miami and New York that sources say would love to try to steal Chandler from the Mavs if they had any financial flexibility, sources likewise indicate that at least two teams projected to have some salary-cap space in the NBA's new frontier -- Sacramento and Toronto -- are already making plans to go hard after Chandler when they are finally granted that opportunity.
                Colangelo famously wooed Nash. Let's see if he's still got that charm.
                And Marc Stein doesn't make shit up neither.

Comment

• But aren't we all in a lockout? A million $ fine for any contact with any player.

Comment

• The only thing i have against this is that tyson is injury prone and signing him will for sure take a lot of our cap space, if we do end up getting him, will we have cap room left to address our other need? Tyson is a good center if he can stay healthy so i hope he does if we land him.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      But aren't we all in a lockout? A million $ fine for any contact with any player.
                      Thats why it said that the raps will try as soon as they get the chance so i presume that they will do that when the lockout is over.

Comment

• I've been saying all along that BC's focus right now should be asset-collection. And Chandler is a great asset, especially if the cost is just cap-space. Every deadline day, you'll get a long list of contenders asking about the price for Chandler. It's possible that trading Chandler + a late lottery pick could earn you a high lottery pick. I'm not saying that they should sign him just to trade him later, but I do think it's an aspect to keep in mind with Chandler: acquiring him is unlikely to ruin our flexibility long-term.

Comment

• Why go after Chandler. This is a win now move that will slow the rebuild. Chandler is going to be expensive to get and will be looking for a long term deal. With Valanciunas coming over in the 2012/13 season it would be better to get a stop gap C who is a veteran that can be a starter but also is comfortable in a bench role once Valanciunas is ready to man the middle full time. One player I would look at is Joel Przybilla. He'd give us size and lane intimidation in the middle, rebound and play defense for us.

Comment

• You're not going to build a winning culture by avoiding talent. Every team needs good veteran players, even rebuilding teams. Chandler is only 28 years old. He could be part of a long term plan.

Comment

• I dunno about that, but he'd bring in a winning culture at least. The raps really need a leader. Someone in the locker room who'll bring everyone together and not be afraid to call other guys out. I assume thats a big reason they hired Casey but you need a player to do it too.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The raptors traded for him last year and drafted a center that will not play for another year... Raptors name will be called even if there is less than a 1 % chance of ever wanting him on the rebuilding roster.. However in a sign and trade to another team for assets I could see how the raptors could do some damage to their reputation and put themselves in a position to be unstoppable in a couple years :0))

Comment

Working...
                                X