2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Watching the Kentucky/Florida game today... Beal is going to be a beast! He has great handles and fantastic court vision for a SG. If MKG does in fact stay in school for another year, Beal is quickly becoming my second favourite wing in the draft, after Barnes.
    Same, Anthony Davis is one hell of a hustle player.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Beal had a tough day today vs. UK; 1-10 5pts, but his 8reb, 4ast and 2stl shows he can do other things when his shot isn't falling.

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
        Beal had a tough day today vs. UK; 1-10 5pts, but his 8reb, 4ast and 2stl shows he can do other things when his shot isn't falling.
        Which Demar doesn't do.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Watching the Kentucky/Florida game today... Beal is going to be a beast! He has great handles and fantastic court vision for a SG. If MKG does in fact stay in school for another year, Beal is quickly becoming my second favourite wing in the draft, after Barnes.
          Watching the game too. His shot is not falling but he always finds other way to help his team. His been capable of creating his own shot but has been able to finish at the rim(Anthony Davis 7-4 wingspan probably has a lot to do with that)
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Davis would look good in Raptor red.

Comment

• One thing that really jumped out at me in the Kentucky game was Davis's handle. It didn't seem like a 7 footer handling the ball. Reminded me of Chris Webber, actually. However, I hated how he hung out on the perimeter all the time on offense. Were they doing that to keep Young away from the paint? Anyways, it annoyed me.

Still love Beal and think if MKG is staying another year or off the board he should be our guy.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                Beal had a tough day today vs. UK; 1-10 5pts, but his 8reb, 4ast and 2stl shows he can do other things when his shot isn't falling.
                Don't forget the D he threw down on Lamb, who finished 5-1-1
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Patric Young just raised his draft stock by dropping 21 against a high profile team (mostly on Davis). Remember Young from last summer when said he wasn't impressed by JV in Latvia U19.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    One thing that really jumped out at me in the Kentucky game was Davis's handle. It didn't seem like a 7 footer handling the ball. Reminded me of Chris Webber, actually. However, I hated how he hung out on the perimeter all the time on offense. Were they doing that to keep Young away from the paint? Anyways, it annoyed me.

Still love Beal and think if MKG is staying another year or off the board he should be our guy.
                    I remember reading that he was a PG in highschool and had a huge growth spurt, so he has the handles and mentality of a PG in the open court and on the offensive end. I like the court vision it provides for a big, as long as it doesn't cause him to fall in love with 14'+ shots. He looks for real on the defensive end, aside from the fact that he is as small/weak as Davis is. Patric Young often man-handled him out of position.

Comment

• Patrick Young is a load, though. He'd push around a lot of NBA players. He's going to get picked in the end of the first round and make a already good team even better.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Despite his poor shooting day, I came away impressed with Beal today.

The 3-guard lineup by Florida doesn't really have a true PG. Boynton and Walker are trying to answer the age old question of how much wood could a woodchuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Despite his poor shooting day, I came away impressed with Beal today.

The 3-guard lineup by Florida doesn't really have a true PG. Boynton and Walker are trying to answer the age old question of how much wood could a woodchuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
                          you forgot a chuck in there.

I think we need to see DD at the three a bit more, because if Beal is on the board and MKG is taken or stays back, we need to take Beal. And I would rather see DD play the three and start Beal then have one of them on the bench.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                            you forgot a chuck in there.

I think we need to see DD at the three a bit more, because if Beal is on the board and MKG is taken or stays back, we need to take Beal. And I would rather see DD play the three and start Beal then have one of them on the bench.
                            dammit on the chuck.

Beal could be very Harden-esque coming off the bench - whether it be for Toronto or whoever.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              dammit on the chuck.

Beal could be very Harden-esque coming off the bench - whether it be for Toronto or whoever.
                              What I been trying to say. He doesn't need to start his rookie year. His a high character kid just like Harden that just want to do what it takes to win.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Potential raptor picks playing in big tournament games

Jeremy Lamb vs DePaul 12:00 pm

Damian Lillard vs Portland State 7:30 pm
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X