• Delicious
    Digg
    Facebook
    Google
    MySpace
    Twitter
    Yahoo

Wroten Entering 2012 NBA Draft
    Tony Wroten set new UW freshman scoring, assists and steals records in helping lead UW to the NIT semifinals

Tony Wroten was the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year.
    April 3, 2012

• Terrence Ross Declares For NBA Draft

SEATTLE - Freshman Tony Wroten will hire an agent and enter the 2012 NBA Draft ending his brief but historic career at the University of Washington.

The 6-foot-5 guard out of Seattle's Garfield High School is the second Husky in the last 48 hours to throw their name into the NBA Draft. Sophomore Terrence Ross declared his intentions on Sunday.

"I have been talking with my friends and family and I just felt like this was the right time," Wroten said of his decision that he decided to announce on the same day of his mother Shirley's birthday. "I love the University of Washington, but I just feel that it's best for me to make the jump."

The Huskies will lose their steals leader, second leading scorer and second leading assists man in Wroten. He also attempted 33 percent of the team's free throws.

Wroten was the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and was a first team All-Pac-12 selection in 2012. He was one of five finalists for the Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year award.

In his one season at Washington, Wroten set numerous Husky freshman records: most points (559), scoring average (16.0 ppg), assists (130) and steals (66). He ranked fifth in the conference in scoring, eighth in assists (3.7 apg), second in steals (1.9 spg) and was sixth overall in offensive rebounds per game (2.3).

His scoring average was fifth among all Division I freshmen, second among first-year players from the `power' conferences.

He helped Washington to a 24-11 record and 14-4 mark in conference action, including the Pac-12 regular season championship.

Besides his family, Wroten consulted fellow Seattle-are basketball players Jamaal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Will Conroy and Isaiah Thomas.

"They all said the same thing," Wroten, who is cousins with Robinson, said. "'Take your time and do what is best for you. This is a life-changer.'"

Wroten is the second UW freshman to declare for the NBA after their freshman year, joining Spencer Hawes (2007).

"Husky fans are the best in the nation and I would not trade my experience here for any other college," Wroten continued. "It was great that I stayed home and I know the University of Washington will always be by my side."
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• After the workouts and such I think Royce White will skyrocket.. just throwing it out there
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• It's his head you have to worry about
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Delicious
          Digg
          Facebook
          Google
          MySpace
          Twitter
          Yahoo

Wroten Entering 2012 NBA Draft
          Tony Wroten set new UW freshman scoring, assists and steals records in helping lead UW to the NIT semifinals
          Wroten intrigues me...... but not as a PG.

Wroten reminds me of Tyreke Evans.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
            After the workouts and such I think Royce White will skyrocket.. just throwing it out there
            Not when he shows up to the workout 3 days late because his Greyhound broke down.

I don't mean to make fun of his phobia but an NBA player needs to fly.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Wroten intrigues me...... but not as a PG.

Wroten reminds me of Tyreke Evans.
              thats what I thought too, would be nice to have a sg that can handle the rock at good level, and if some GMs are fixed on guys who upped their stock in the tournement maybe he drops to second round?
              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• doubtful
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The Odds of picking 4th - Don't Bet on it

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Ford's new mock draft on ESPN has the Raptors taking Beal with the #4 pick (Davis, MKG, Robinson are top 3 picks).
                  We have a better chance of getting the 1-3 picks, then we do 4th - statistically speaking. I think guys like Ford need to consult a Statistician before expressing their Kreskin predictions.

To get that 4th pick, Raptors would have to land in the bottom 3 of the standings, a feat even tankers will admit seems improbable. New Orleans is the closest team (to catch) with 40 losses, to the Raptor's 35 losses. We have 13 games left - as do N.Orleans - so Toronto would have to play absolute sh!t (2 wins in the next 13 games), while N.O. plays 500+ ball.

Looking at the draft pick odds, one of the top 3 lottery spots will most likely be snagged by a lottery team outside that range. And given that scenario, it would bump one of those bottom 3 teams down to the 4th spot.

To illustrate, let's make an assumption that the 1st pick goes to one of the other lottery teams, and the order remains the same after that:

1. The lucky f#@kers who get Davis
                  2. Charlotte
                  3. Washington
                  4. New Orleans

So .... the only advice I could give to Chad, is to brush up on his math. Cause we ain't picking 4th - statistically speaking.

Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Tue Apr 3, 2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                    We have a better chance of getting the 1-3 picks, then we do 4th - statistically speaking. I think guys like Ford need to consult a Statistician before expressing their Kreskin predictions.

To get that 4th pick, Raptors would have to land in the bottom 3 of the standings, a feat even tankers will admit seems improbable. New Orleans is the closest team (to catch) with 40 losses, to the Raptor's 35 losses. We have 13 games left - as do N.Orleans - so Toronto would have to play absolute sh!t (2 wins in the next 13 games), while N.O. plays 500+ ball.

Looking at the draft pick odds, one of the top 3 lottery spots will most likely be snagged by a lottery team outside that range. And given that scenario, it would bump one of those bottom 3 teams down to the 4th spot.

To illustrate, let's make an assumption that the 1st pick goes to one of the other lottery teams, and the order remains the same after that:

1. The lucky f#@kers who get Davis
                    2. Charlotte
                    3. Washington
                    4. New Orleans

So .... the only advice I could give to Chad, is to brush up on his math. Cause we ain't picking 4th - statistically speaking.

The only way you can possibly do any draft projections ahead of the draft lottery, with any semblence of credibility, is to base it on current standings. To do otherwise (aka predict the draft lottery as well as the draft), would be foolish and illogical. In that case, you might as well just assign players to the team you want them to go to.

And for the record, his math is correct when speaking about probabilities. Although Charlotte has a 75% chance of NOT getting the #1 pick, no single team has a higher % of getting it, so probabilities would dictate them to be projected as picking in that #1 slot.... and so on. Plus, you can run the lottery as many times as you want, to see all the various outcomes and who the Raptors are projected to pick in each of them.

Comment

• if we win tonight vs the bobkitties and the cavs lose to the spurs and nets lose to the lakers we'll "jump" from 4th to 6th where we'll be tied with the kings.

someone give the boys some week old beans!
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        if we win tonight vs the bobkitties and the cavs lose to the spurs and nets lose to the lakers we'll "jump" from 4th to 6th where we'll be tied with the kings.

someone give the boys some week old beans!
                        Tim said it were destined to draft Barnes lol. Which Wouldnt be the worse thing.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I was alluding to the fact DeMar doesnt do either very well.
                          Thats why he is number 2 in free throws attempted right?

Comment

I was alluding to the fact DeMar doesnt do either very well.
                            He is still better than most starting SG's in the NBA. A lot of people want OJ Mayo but i think he is a downgrade from demar he has only scored 20 points 4 times this season and he isn't a great defender and he also gives up 3 inches in height.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Tim said it were destined to draft Barnes lol. Which Wouldnt be the worse thing.
                              I'd rather see if we could trade down and get Marshall and Ross somehow
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                He is still better than most starting SG's in the NBA. A lot of people want OJ Mayo but i think he is a downgrade from demar he has only scored 20 points 4 times this season and he isn't a great defender and he also gives up 3 inches in height.
                                OJ Mayo is playing off the bench though, so you could use that as an argument why he hasn't scored 20 points consistently. And he's a better defender than Demar, and more skilled than Demar.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X