2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    i don't think rivers would be on the board at that point, but if he was they'd jump on him.
    I really am wishing he is. Guy has the 'IT' factor. NBA game.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      If Toronto was going to make a play for a big time player I'd rather see them go after D. Will, but there is no chance of that happening.
      The big time player(s) we are going after are Steve Nash, Rudy Gay, and Andre Iguodala.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I'm kinda apprehensive about picking Rivers -- partly because I've never really bought the whole "his game is suited to the NBA" thing in general. Sure, maybe his ego is suited to the NBA, but that's a negative, not a positive, as far as I'm concerned. When scouts talk about 'NBA style players' it reminds me of those old school scouts in Moneyball talking about guys with a 'great body' and 'he's a 5-tool guy'. It's utterly meaningless.

Statistically, Rivers plain old SUCKED in college. Now obviously, stats aren't the whole story, and a good eye test always helps. But the fact is, the footage isn't that reassuring: he looks like an underwhelming to mediocre athlete (which most of the measurements and combines seem to confirm), he needs to dominate the ball to score (needless to say, he doesn't do so efficiently) and he struggles mightily when his shot is off.

Finally, if you play the style of ball that Rivers does, and you're his size, you damn well better hustle your ass off - or at the very least, have good stamina! Rivers seems to have neither: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJLmu...feature=g-vrec

(note re: video. People have been talking about how this was at the end and he was dead tired. I don't care how tired you are -- YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE THE NBA, MOVE YOUR DAMN FEET!)

Comment

• Having just torn Rivers to shreds, I do think he'd be an excusable/acceptable pick at 16. Definitely not at 8 though.

Comment

• I wouldn't pick Rivers even at 16.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't pick Rivers even at 16.
              Oh I wouldn't either. I just wouldn't ask for BC's head on a stick.

...Or maybe I would. I suppose it would depend who was still available.

Comment

• Personally id take Ross over Rivers at any draft spot
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If the Lowry trade went down, and we got #16, then I'd like to take a flyer on Q. Miller. I don't think the Raps ever worked him out, so it might be a long shot. We need a star, but at 16 we are most likely not going to get one. So I'd go for a guy who has the most potential of becoming one - and Miller seems like the guy that will have the most potential at that spot.

Comment

• i don't know if a team that didn't work out Miller would draft him with his health red flags. i don't think, anyways.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Anyone else find it weird that the raptors hadn't worked Moe Harkless?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        If the Lowry trade went down, and we got #16, then I'd like to take a flyer on Q. Miller. I don't think the Raps ever worked him out, so it might be a long shot. We need a star, but at 16 we are most likely not going to get one. So I'd go for a guy who has the most potential of becoming one - and Miller seems like the guy that will have the most potential at that spot.
                        I've been a huge fan of Miller since his high school days. Honestly think the only other guy his size with those skills is Durant. That being said, the injury is a...substantial, worry. I would love to see the Raptors draft him, I just don't think BC has the balls to do it in the first round.

Comment

• maybe view him as too much of a project for BC's win now campaign

edit: yet they worked out PJ3 yeah it is kind of weird
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If the Raptors didn't see anyone worth their while at #8 that they would prefer to trade the pick then is it possbile they might use the #16 pick in yet another trade?

Comment

• I notice that the PJ3 fanclub has lost some members here!

Comment

• bendit wrote: View Post
                                i notice that the pj3 fanclub has lost some members here!
                                Nope!

Comment

Working...
                                X