No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well we improved at the SG spot tonight. Ross is a better shooter and defender than DeMar. I was surprised by the pick but the team is better now than it was before the pick and improved on both offense and defense. I was thinking they would look to address their shooting issues and they have. Casey gets another good defender to work with.

Comment

• Overall, I'm disappointed. I thought we needed a 3 and 1, I guess we don't get the answer to that.
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I think the good thing about drafting Ross is no more Forbes! haha
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Machado didn't get drafted... perhaps BC will sign him as an undrafted free agent?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Machado didn't get drafted... perhaps BC will sign him as an undrafted free agent?
            No need to. We gave Bayless his QO already. Colangelo already said he doesn't need anymore rookies, no matter how talented they are.

Comment

• Nice, LA Lakers drafted Sacre now they can trade Bynum .
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• wow, how did Machado not get drafted? There were rumours of the grizz taking him in the first. I'm baffled.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  No need to. We gave Bayless his QO already. Colangelo already said he doesn't need anymore rookies, no matter how talented they are.
                  I hope Bayless is trade bait. I'd be upset if he was a Raptor next season. I'd trade Bayless and sign Machado to compete for backup duties behind Calderon or Nash.

Overall I am not a happy fan right now, despite being happy with Ross as a player (just upset at thought of him at #8). I'm not as impressed with Acy pick as some. The stash job at #56 is useful.

God I hope a big trade for a star SF is in the works. I want Gay, but if the disappointment of this draft is any indication, overpaying for Iguodala is much more likely.

Comment

• I think I need some sleep to calm me down. Hopefully I'll have a rosier outlook tomorrow. Everything Casey and Colangelo are saying right now sounds like the salesman at the Acura dealership I was at over the weekend. The reason why I don't like the pick right now - aside from the fact that he was selected higher than he should have been is that he's a duplication of DeRozan, and the fact that he's got really low ball IQ. Didn't we learn that with Demar already? So, at this moment in time to me, it just seems like a wasted selection. Once again, I hope I have a better outlook in the morning. But this whole talk of "hit the ground running" doesn't seem to jive with the Ross selection.

Comment

I think I need some sleep to calm me down. Hopefully I'll have a rosier outlook tomorrow. Everything Casey and Colangelo are saying right now sounds like the salesman at the Acura dealership I was at over the weekend. The reason why I don't like the pick right now - aside from the fact that he was selected higher than he should have been is that he's a duplication of DeRozan, and the fact that he's got really low ball IQ. Didn't we learn that with Demar already? So, at this moment in time to me, it just seems like a wasted selection. Once again, I hope I have a better outlook in the morning. But this whole talk of "hit the ground running" doesn't seem to jive with the Ross selection.

Before you go to bed, perhaps some numbers help. Count sheep here.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Before you go to bed, perhaps some numbers help. Count sheep here.
                        If it means DeRozan gets packaged for a legit 3, then cool. Ross can take over at the 2 - he's a better version of DeRozan in my opinion, but having those two on the team come October? Yuck.

Comment

If it means DeRozan gets packaged for a legit 3, then cool. Ross can take over at the 2 - he's a better version of DeRozan in my opinion, but having those two on the team come October? Yuck.
                          Agreed, and with that, a good night.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• So how does this affect out cap space for free agency? I thought we'd have the most flexibility had we traded the pick?

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• DeRozan & Davis & JJ for Gay? Clears out redundancy/logjams and lands our star SF.

C: Valanciunas, ???
                              PF: Bargnani, Amir, Acy
                              SF: Gay, Kleiza
                              SG: Ross, ???, Forbes
                              PG: Calderon, ???, ???

Bayless could be traded for Nash.
                              Calderon could perhaps land an upgraded backup SG, pushing Forbes to 3rd string.
                              Gray re-signed as backup C.
                              Machado signed as undrafted free agent for backup PG.
                              Uzoh re-signed as 3rd string PG.
                              MLE still available.
                              TPE still available.

As disappointed as I am right now, I will withhold my final judgement until the end of the offesason, to look at the full body of BC's work.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Agreed, and with that, a good night.
                                Good night to you too, good sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X