2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18pts 7reb 2Ast 1stl 3Pfs 7/16 .438 FG 1/2 .500 3FG 3/3 1.000 FT

PJ3 had another impressive game tonight. Once again able to score from every where on the court. Two thing that impressed me the most were. His patience he was getting doubled all game. He was able to stay poised and pass out of them. He didn't have one turnover, even with all the double teams. Second was his defense toniht. He gave T-Rob(national player of the year nominee) a hard time, by moving his feet and using his lenght. Seem like a real good man to man defender when he puts his mind to it. What I also notice is how bad of a help side defender he is. So many play where he could use that length and athleticism block or alter the opppnents shot but just didnt. Remind you of anyone.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 16Pts 7Reb 5Ast 1Stl 1TO 2Pfs. 3/11 .273 FG 3/9 .333 3FG 7/8 .875 FT

Bradley just plays such a smart game. Always makes the right play. Takes good shot and always passes up a good shot for a great one. His shot was not falling this game, but he didn't just settle for it. Kept mixing up his game from drive and shot. They also mentioned a interesting state. He has had 6 games with 10+ rebounds this season. That's pretty damn good for 6'4" 1/2
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Of the 3 bigs I'd say Davis has the best chance of being effective at the 3.

That said, Davis is gonna be really raw offensively, it'd be better to just have him off the bench. That'd be a pretty wild frontcourt.
        I am not so sure that Davis is as raw offensively as some people think. He had a very nice shot out to 18 feet or more, great form, solid rotation, and nice release. He has shown good jump hooks as well, he may not get the deep position that he can in the NCAA, but he is way more advanced than either ED or Amir if you ask me.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          The Raptors have 13 wins and are part of a four-way tie for 4th worst with New Jersey, Sacramento, and Detroit.

Directly ahead is Cleveland with 14 wins and Golden State and Milwaukee with 15 wins. Charlotte, New Orleans, and Washington are below with 5, 9, and 9 wins respectively.

The Raptors have 27 games remaining. Of those games 11 are against New Jersey, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Detroit, Charlotte, and Washington.

My point? When the ping pong balls are allocated the Raptors could be looking at having the 3rd pick or the 10th. This, of course, is without arguably their best player in Bargnani who is due to return soon.

The bottom of the standings are very much like the race for the playoffs in the west with 2 wins separating 3rd seed and 9th place.
          Well, how quickly things change. The teams 'competing' for lottery balls did quite 'poor' last night:

New Jersey, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Sacramento all won.

Suddenly the Raptors are 4th worst all by themselves.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Well, how quickly things change. The teams 'competing' for lottery balls did quite 'poor' last night:

New Jersey, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Sacramento all won.

Suddenly the Raptors are 4th worst all by themselves.
            If I recall 4th worst has never won the lottery, where as 5th worst is either the most or tied for most #1 picks. Need to either pick it up or make history...

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
              If I recall 4th worst has never won the lottery, where as 5th worst is either the most or tied for most #1 picks. Need to either pick it up or make history...
              I'd love to get #1 but there would be some very difficult decisions that come along with it.

The lottery is really all about determining the top 3 picks. After the top 3 are selected choices are based on the remaining teams season record. I'd be very happy with pick 2 or 3 - it would certainly make the decisions that follow much easier.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                My board would include (not in order):
                Barnes
                Beal
                Lillard
                Davis is only really in the discussion if we get the first overall so I dont really include him until we win the draft.

On the bubble:
                Marshall - if has found a shot
                Lamb - I keep thinking he will snap in two
                Q Miller

For a later 1st pick:
                Kabongo
                I forgot to put Miller in there on the bubble. Knee and some more recent consistent effort questions are my concerns there.

If I were to put it in order of want, of course it does not mean I would take the first two if we were picking 3rd (and Davis would only be if we landed #1)
                Lillard
                Beal
                Barnes
                Marshall
                Lamb
                Miller
                Kabongo

Of course as others have posted, if Utah somehow takes our pick for their 2 to get someone they really want, I would be Lillard and Beal hands down.

Comment

• Land # 1 first, then worry about where to put him next.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• With the Raptors having Valaciunas as the C of the future and Bargnani being a legit allstar PF this year (assuming his games played are a true reflection of a 'new and improved' Bargnani), I would seriously consider trading the #1 overall pick, if the lottery balls bounce our way.

I would look to trade it for another top 5-10 lottery pick (to pick Barnes, MKG or Beal), as well as at least 1 other solid asset (ideally a proven starter or at least a younger rotation player with very high potential). If I had more time I would check out the bottom 5-10 teams and look for players on their rosters who are under contract next season, that I would target if this scenario were to come up. With all the hype surrounding Davis right now, I think there would be a good bidding war for the pick, meaning the Raptors could likely get a really good player in addition to a lottery pick to draft whichever wing they covet most.

Adding a healthy Bargnani, Valanciunas, a wing from the draft and another top-7 (at least) rotation player to this lineup would make for a very solid team next season and beyond (and that's without making any other moves, but obviously the Barbosa, Bayless and Davis/Amir situations would need to be figured out).

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      16Pts 7Reb 5Ast 1Stl 1TO 2Pfs. 3/11 .273 FG 3/9 .333 3FG 7/8 .875 FT

Bradley just plays such a smart game. Always makes the right play. Takes good shot and always passes up a good shot for a great one. His shot was not falling this game, but he didn't just settle for it. Kept mixing up his game from drive and shot. They also mentioned a interesting state. He has had 6 games with 10+ rebounds this season. That's pretty damn good for 6'4" 1/2
                      Lovin' me some Beal.

Draft preference:

MKG
                      Barnes
                      Beal
                      Lamb

Those four are my main preferences to be drafted, from order top to bottom.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Lillard is a guy I like as well, followed by Marshall..

If we win number the #1 pick I'm all for Anthony Davis AND keeping him, he could be a superstar in this league with the right development. Unless there is a problem with Davis coming off the bench for a bit, keep them both, but I really believe that we need Best player available combined with needs. We need a wing player that can contribute right away like the four I stated above, and a point guard.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• anthony davis is a pipe dream now.

Comment

• Fk24 wrote: View Post
                            anthony davis is a pipe dream now.
                            How so?

Comment

• Fk24 wrote: View Post
                              anthony davis is a pipe dream now.
                              Until the draft selection order is determined, just about any player is a pipe dream.

Comment

• If we were to get the #1 pick they could start Val and and Davis to have the best young front court in the league with potential to become better and more dominant than Bynum and Gasol. Who could you say is better? Griffin and Jordan maybe? If that scenario played out I wouldn't hesitate to move Bargnani for a scoring wing. With Calderon running the show for a couple more years the team would be set.

Comment

Working...
                                X