• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd flip DeMar for Beal in a heartbeat
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      I'd flip DeMar for Beal in a heartbeat
      I wanna say I would too! But I like Derozan and the way he's playing right now, give him time. :P
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I'm standing pat, that if we can't get Harrison Barnes, and PJ3 is still on the board, its by far the best choice to make.

Especially after todays game.

Comment

• http://nbadraft.net/

^ They've got us as 7th taking Austin Rivers. Thoughts? MKG is at 8.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            http://nbadraft.net/

^ They've got us as 7th taking Austin Rivers. Thoughts? MKG is at 8.
            if mkg declares and barnes isn't on the board and he is i can't see him slipping past us. i would take him 2nd before barnes but i think that colangelo wants a shooter there to give demar some space.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              if mkg declares and barnes isn't on the board and he is i can't see him slipping past us. i would take him 2nd before barnes but i think that colangelo wants a shooter there to give demar some space.
              I don't mind having Austin Rivers on this team. He's a very good potential combo guard, and he's a better play-maker than most believe. And a upgrade at point guard over Bayless that's for sure.

Comment

also I remember BC went somewhere to get a closer look at Lamb, I would take him as well.

Comment

• Texas chances at NCAA tournament significantly improve with big win last night.

As proud as he was of Brown, Barnes was also ecstatic about the play of freshman point guard Myck Kabongo, who has been on a steady incline all season. Kabongo finished with 11 points, five assists and no turnovers -- Texas only had six turnovers as a team -- and he played excellent defense on Iowa State 3-point ace Scott Christopherson.
                  http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...nt-hopes-alive

Comment

• A lot of good prospects playing today. Hopefully a good game between Kansas and Baylor. Let's see if PJ3 can play to yesterdays level or if Robinson crushes Baylor. Can't wait to hear the discussions after some of todays games.

Comment

• Interesting fact about Thomas Robinson. Could be useless information or a red flag.

No player ever selected in the top 10 in the NBA draft has ever averaged under 15 minutes per game in his sophomore year. Thomas Robinson averaged 14.6 minutes in his sophomore year.

Only 3 players ever selected in the lottery averaged under 15 minutes their sophomore year:
                      2006 - Hilton Armstrong 12th
                      2002 - Marcus Haislip 13th
                      1988 - Will Perdue 11th

Comment

• William B wrote: View Post
                        Interesting fact about Thomas Robinson. Could be useless information or a red flag.

No player ever selected in the top 10 in the NBA draft has ever averaged under 15 minutes per game in his sophomore year. Thomas Robinson averaged 14.6 minutes in his sophomore year.

Only 3 players ever selected in the lottery averaged under 15 minutes their sophomore year:
                        2006 - Hilton Armstrong 12th
                        2002 - Marcus Haislip 13th
                        1988 - Will Perdue 11th
                        That is interesting.

Being stuck behind the Morris twins did not help his playing time cause. Luckily it did give him great opposition in practice.

Comment

• Kendall Marshall just broke the All-Time Assist record for a single season, in the ACC.
                          Very big Deal.

Kendall Marshall now stands alone.

The 6-foot-4 sophomore point guard set the Atlantic Coast Conference’s the single-season assist record with his pass to forward Harrison Barnes with 15:31 remaining in the first half. Marshall passes former Georgia Tech guard Craig Neal, who had held the record since the 1987-88 season.

Marshall has compiled 534 assists in less than two seasons as the starter for North Carolina and is certainly in range of the national career record set by former Duke guard Bobby Hurley. Hurley dished out 1,076 assists in four seasons with the Blue Devils.

If Marshall decides to stay all four years, that record could be in danger as well.

Source

Here's hoping he doesn't stay all 4 years at UNC!

Comment

• anthony davis

if we get #1 do you think casey will try to put andrea back at at the 3? with rebounding blocking machines behind him could it work?

Comment

if we get #1 do you think casey will try to put andrea back at at the 3? with rebounding blocking machines behind him could it work?
                              If we end up getting Davis, I think Bargnani still should start at the 4. Have Davis come off the bench for Val and Bargs. Eventually when both players are ready to start, we could use Bargnani as the 6th man for those two positions. We could set up a tight good rotation at the 4 and 5 spots.

I think in this case, either Amir or Ed need to be shipped. If Davis is really proves to be that good, maybe trade Bargnani if that will give us the best return. If it gives us a solid piece on the wing, I think it might be worth it. I think Bargs is awesome, it's just maximizing your cap and roster.
                              Last edited by saints91; Sat Mar 10, 2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Of the 3 bigs I'd say Davis has the best chance of being effective at the 3.

That said, Davis is gonna be really raw offensively, it'd be better to just have him off the bench. That'd be a pretty wild frontcourt.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X