No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed on Lillard. I've been impressed with what I've read/seen over the past week.

Random thought: It was just a few short months ago that there was legitimate debate as to who the #1 pick would be (between Davis and Drummond). My, how times change

Comment

• RE Parker....he is quick but Westbrook is quicker. Parker outplayed Westbrook because he is just a better basketball player at this time. If Lillard has the same smarts then the implicated comparison is worthwhile.

Comment

• Big changes on the DX board: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

Lamb now at #8.

PJIII taking a dive.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• The one thing that bugs me about Lillard is from the limited footage I've seen he doesn't look like he's 6'2".

Not comparing him to Parker, but from the players in our draft range Lillard seems to have the closest skill set. I realize players with the speed and quickness of the elite penetraters like Westbrook, Ros, Parker don't come by that often.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Raptors going to see Lamb work out today. For Lamb fans, hopefully he has a good workout.

Doug Smith's blog:
            Chad Ford tweeted that he was going to see the workout. Not sure why Smith put in "(no, media not invited)"

Comment

• Chad Ford's tweets from Lamb workout

J Lamb showing off a sick crossover today. Shooting the ball really well. Crazy long. Good workout.
              J Lamb vitals: 6-4 in socks. 6-5.5 in shoes. 6-11 wing. 8-6 reach. 33 no step vert. 36 1 step vert.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Come on Lotto balls! top 3 please

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                  Big changes on the DX board: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

Lamb now at #8.

PJIII taking a dive.

They have removed the "teams not taking into consideration" as well.

Drummond dipped to 5

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                    They have removed the "teams not taking into consideration" as well.

Drummond dipped to 5
                    Good eye. That makes things a little more interesting - irrelevant but interesting nonetheless.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Come on Lotto balls! top 3 please
                      Demar should hire his trainers during the off season.

Comment

• Didn't Lamb have a really good U19 tournament in Latvia last year (when JV did good?)

Comment

• Raptors Draft Needs (SI's take)

Lillard is a possibility here, too, as the Raptors are looking for offensive firepower after making defensive strides under first-year coach Dwane Casey. With Jose Calderon entering the final year of his sizable deal ($10.6 million next season), they need a point guard for the future to pair with center Andrea Bargnani, fellow big man Jonas Valanciunas and 22-year-old shooting guard DeMar DeRozan. (Valanciunas, the fifth pick in 2011, has begun negotiations to get out of his Lithuanian contract and is expected to join Toronto for next season, according to NBA.com.) In some ways, Marshall, a pass-first (and second, and maybe even third) point guard, would be a younger version of Calderon. Washington point guard Tony Wroten is immensely talented, but he would be considered a gamble in the top 10. If Toronto looks to the frontcourt to find its scoring, it would do just fine taking Barnes or perhaps Ohio State's Jared Sullinger. Washington shooting guard Terrence Ross is expected to go in the lottery and could add some scoring depth on the wing, as is also the case with Duke shooting guard Austin Rivers or UConn shooting guard Jeremy Lamb.
                          http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t12_a0

Comment

• I won't go so far as to say Gilchrist's jumper is broken but that slow swinging motion into the release point and the severe hitch before he releases looks awful. It's tough to see on the video but his shooting arm looks angled throughout. That jumpshot needs a lot of work.

The sad thing is, he's probably already a better jumpshooter than any wing on the team right now...

Comment

• Man, I can't wait to see the threads pop up after the lottery tonight. C'mon Casey, bring us some luck tonight! Enjoy the lottery everyone

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                The sad thing is, he's probably already a better jumpshooter than any wing on the team right now...
                                lol, so true.

Comment

Working...
                                X