No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Harangody killed on the bench press at his combine workout.

Comment

• Chad Ford still says Dion Waiters on Mock Draft 7.0

Analysis: The Raptors adamantly denied they were the team that persuaded Waiters to drop out of the combine with a promise to draft him in the lottery. Given the team's attempts to trade the pick, I sort of believe them. But that won't stop them from drafting Waiters if they keep the pick and he's still on the board.

The Raptors have a roster full of soft jump-shooters. What they really need is a tough player who can get to the basket and get his own shot at the end of games. Someone like Waiters. Damian Lillard and Jeremy Lamb are also possibilities at No. 8.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm leanig towards Lillard, but have to say I haven't seen much of Waiters. I Know Lillard is the better shooter, but if Waiters has elite speed and ability to get to the basket a la Westbrook then he'd be a really interesting pick up. He seems to have a bit of an attitude which is also something the team is lacking.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Analysis: The Raptors adamantly denied they were the team that persuaded Waiters to drop out of the combine with a promise to draft him in the lottery. Given the team's attempts to trade the pick, I sort of believe them. But that won't stop them from drafting Waiters if they keep the pick and he's still on the board.

The Raptors have a roster full of soft jump-shooters. What they really need is a tough player who can get to the basket and get his own shot at the end of games. Someone like Waiters. Damian Lillard and Jeremy Lamb are also possibilities at No. 8.
          Technically, if BC has already made a deal of some kind with a lower placed team who wants Waiters and that team was the one who made the promise he will be picked at #8, then BC has not "lied". This may also account for lower placed players are coming in for workouts. Just a thought. It does seem a bit odd that Ford keeps placing Waiters in that slot.

Comment

• I like Austin Rivers, and since he's projected to go later I wouldn't mind us trading down and getting some value deals if they're available. I'd love to see Ed Davis and/or Amir Johnson traded as well if that is possible, in a package deal. While we're at it let's also trade Linas Kleiza and Andrea Bargnani. But mostly Bargnani.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• Draft Express continues to have the Raptors taking Lamb. It seems possible that Lillard would be gone before the Raptors choice, which would leave players such as Lamb, Waiters, Rivers, Marshall, Terrence Jones or PJ3. Personally, I would be inclined to have Lamb in the lower end of that list.

Comment

• I'm sold on Lillard, I hope his there on the board when we pick. I follow him on twitter and he changed his avatar to a picture of him being interview after his workout. Should I make anything of that?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MKG Draft Express video

If motor is a skill, as Casey says, then this guy has a lot of it... as a top 3 projection should his other skills be better?
                  “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Technically, if BC has already made a deal of some kind with a lower placed team who wants Waiters and that team was the one who made the promise he will be picked at #8, then BC has not "lied". This may also account for lower placed players are coming in for workouts. Just a thought. It does seem a bit odd that Ford keeps placing Waiters in that slot.
                    That actually makes a lot of sense ! Mind = blown

More speculation, but who do we get ? I want draft night to come already
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Lamb, Rivers and Barnes all in town today. Big one for Raps.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Lamb, Rivers and Barnes all in town today. Big one for Raps.
                        And all working out individually :|

The DraftExpress montages will be more valuable when scouting these guys, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          And all working out individually :|

The DraftExpress montages will be more valuable when scouting these guys, lol.
                          Speaking of which...

Only Barnes is technically working out by himself... the others are in groups, just not against each other.
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                            Ever since someone mentioned Julian Wright's name alongside of Kidd-Gilchrist's I am have fallen out of love... not to say that I still don't like his game, just not so sure about him.
                            Finally I am someone.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              Finally I am someone.
                              Sorry Soft Euro, read it a while back and was too lazy to go find the quote.
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

• Lillard Combine

Workout at Sacramento

This is are dude hope he still on the board. Working out in Portland today -_-
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X