X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Lillard Combine

Workout at Sacramento

This is are dude hope he still on the board. Working out in Portland today -_-
    If this guy is on the board at 8 and we have traded this pick... fallout! I think this guy is Derrick Rose-like.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

• The more I see of Lillard, the more I'll think of this draft as a complete failure if we don't grab him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The more I see of Lillard, the more I'll think of this draft as a complete failure if we don't grab him.
        Just a quick look through the mocks today, and it looks like a lot of people have him in the top 7... mostly to Portland at 6.
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

• Rivers apparently kept going on and on about how much he loved Toronto and how good the team is going to be.

Who was it that said he wanted players that wanted to be raptors? BC?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The more I see of Lillard, the more I'll think of this draft as a complete failure if we don't grab him.
            I remember people saying the same thing about Kanter/Walker/Knight/Williams last year.

It's pretty amazing how much things can change over the course of a season.

I always have to tell myself not to get too high/attached on a Prospect. Odds are we don't select them.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I remember people saying the same thing about Kanter/Walker/Knight/Williams last year.

It's pretty amazing how much things can change over the course of a season.

I always have to tell myself not to get too high/attached on a Prospect. Odds are we don't select them.
              I'm still high on Walker. And most pundits are suggesting that Lillard is an even better prospect. Sign me up!

Comment

• remember guys a lot of these guys can shoot when there isn't a whole lot of pressure or anyone with a hand in their face. A PG NBA prospect should be able to knock down shots like that with nobody on him and no game on the line
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  remember guys a lot of these guys can shoot when there isn't a whole lot of pressure or anyone with a hand in their face. A PG NBA prospect should be able to knock down shots like that with nobody on him and no game on the line
                  Lillard's shooting stats this year were off the charts... listen to Chad Ford's insight on the combine video. It is very rare to see a player's usage rate as high as Lillard's combined with his high efficiency (2nd behind Davis I believe). The question isn't whether he can do it with 0 defense, the question is how good was the level of defense he played against all year?
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

I'm still high on Walker. And most pundits are suggesting that Lillard is an even better prospect. Sign me up!
                    Oh me as well, don't get me wrong. Personally, I think Lillard will be a stud.
                    But on the same hand, I was also convinced Derrick Williams would be an instant difference maker.

Comment

But on the same hand, I was also convinced Derrick Williams would be an instant difference maker.
                      I still like Williams too. If he was force-fed minutes (the way most rookies are on a lottery team), I think we would've seen a much different player.

Comment

That has more to do with how Adelman treats his rookies and balancing time between Beasley and him being a tweener ...and and and.... If the Wolves move Beasley watch for Williams to almost double his production
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Right now I want Barnes to fall to us but if his off the Board Lillard. If his gone than I would rather Rivers before Lamb.

PS I love how the players are in town watching the workouts and working out with the coaches. I don't see DeMar being moved any time soon. In every highlight clip of the prospects I always see DD on the sideline talking to Casey. I love that!
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ya I would like to move up to grab Barnes, or pick Lillard with our pick.

A good option is trading up to where Portland is because they will get whatever they need at 8. If they really need a big man or a point guard, Lillard, Sullinger, PJ3 or Terrence Jones would still be there at 8. Maybe we can throw some cash and one of our second rounders to move up two spots. I think Barnes will be there at 6, but GSW will pick him with there 7th.

Or Ed and 8th for either SAC or POR picks
                            Last edited by saints91; Thu Jun 14, 2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I never saw that in his game. I am really leery of players that come out from completely nowhere to launch up the college game and draft boards.

Comment

• Tick tock...tick tock....2 weeks to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X