Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Anyone catch the UNC/Texas game?

I didn't get a chance, but Barnes had a good game: 26pts 10rb 2st, only 1ast though.

Kabongo's stats were brutal though: 1pt, 1ast, 0rb, 4to in 15min - yikes!
    Yes that was dreadful.

"The very first play of the game, we talked about for two days what we wanted to run, and we don't run it," Rick Barnes said. "... We're not playing with a purpose on the offensive end. Really, they don't need help. At the start of the game, we gave them plenty of help to get out in the open court. It really fuels what they do."

J'Covan Brown was one of three players with 16 points for Texas, which shot 35 percent. The Tar Heels had more offensive rebounds (22) than the Longhorns had on the defensive end (17), a stat noted by Rick Barnes afterward as "a major problem."

The Longhorns had won seven straight and were holding teams to an average of 54 points and 33 percent shooting during that stretch. They had also outrebounded opponents by nearly 17 per game in the past four before falling flat Wednesday night.

"We just have to play harder," said freshman Myck Kabongo, who had just one point and played only 15 minutes. "The only thing I can take from this is that we've got to play harder."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313550153

Comment

• In Kabongo's defense, he has a sore back. Tar Heels have more talent than some NBA teams.

Comment

• http://www.nationofblue.com/kentucky...am-chat-10168/

live stream for anyone interested in watching Kentucky blow out Loyola (MD).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          http://www.nationofblue.com/kentucky...am-chat-10168/

live stream for anyone interested in watching Kentucky blow out Loyola (MD).
          So much for a blow out. It has been a good game.

Comment

• So I know draft the best talent available, BUT I don't understand if we draft Davis and get another PF arnt we kind of screwed because of Amir, Ed, and Il-piece of garbage-hopefully not-Mago? AND if we draft a center in Drummond isn't that only going to challenge Valancioniuitdhnbdafycuses? SO I guess what I am asking is whats the plan if we dont want to draft Barnes is it trad everyone or something? What do you guys invision our line up looking like, I was hoping for FA Felton, Calderon, and Bayless, DD Barbosa, Val and Amir, Bargs and Ed, and Barnes and JJ, is that possible?

Comment

• we trade barbosa and possibly bargnani at the deadline for a 1st round lottery pick and then we beast the rest of the season and draft a superstar SF and Kabongo or K.Marshall

Comment

• BALLS wrote: View Post
                So I know draft the best talent available, BUT I don't understand if we draft Davis and get another PF arnt we kind of screwed because of Amir, Ed, and Il-piece of garbage-hopefully not-Mago? AND if we draft a center in Drummond isn't that only going to challenge Valancioniuitdhnbdafycuses? SO I guess what I am asking is whats the plan if we dont want to draft Barnes is it trad everyone or something? What do you guys invision our line up looking like, I was hoping for FA Felton, Calderon, and Bayless, DD Barbosa, Val and Amir, Bargs and Ed, and Barnes and JJ, is that possible?

The Raptors as it currently stands have no franchise players. So when it comes to the draft, the Raptors should in my opinion always draft the best player available. If that ends up being Davis or Drummond, then they should go for it. If they have too many bigs, then they should look to trade them away for pieces that they need (like a PG or SF).

Think of the BPA like a future hall of famer vs someone who might make a few all-star teams. If you got a chance to draft Garnett in his prime or someone like Rudy Gay, who is still an excellent player but has never made an all-star team - which choice would be better? Sure Rudy Gay fits your squad better in the short term, but in the long term a young Garnett in his prime would have been the better choice, as he is someone you can build around to help create a championship.

If the consensus is saying by draft time that Davis is the best player available, and the Raptors have a chance to get him - they should do it and then use trades to figure out what to do with the rest of the team later.

If Drummond is the BPA, and we have Val.. you could always move Val (or Drummond) to PF. Both guys don't have to play center. But I have my doubts on Drummond. His rebounding ability is a big question mark for me.. and we all know what its like to have a big that can't rebound.

As for the Raptors.. the only guys I like at this point are Davis and Val (and Val only because we haven't seen him in the NBA). I am also okay with keeping Demar for another season because of his work ethic and his skill set, and because we need a starting SG. However I would not shed a tear if he was moved as well. Amir I think is a very good player with a reasonable contract - but if we can bring in assets for him, then I'd have no problem moving him as well.

Comment

• drummond doesn't really excite me. the only big in the draft i like is davis. it's the SF's i covet.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i think big Val and Ed would (will? pretty please?) make a very good frontcourt along with K<3G/Miller/Barnes, not to mention near rock solid defensively. if we don't get first pick and Davis is gone i wouldn't cry, but i wouldn't pass over K<3G/Miller for Drummond.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I really, really want us to get harrison barnes now. Bradley Beal and Rivers as options 2 and 3.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        drummond doesn't really excite me. the only big in the draft i like is davis. it's the SF's i covet.
                        Drummond's really growing on me. He's like an Amare Stoudamire, but doesn't stink on D.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          BARNES OR BUST!!
                          I'm sticking with this.

Comment

• Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Drummond's really growing on me. He's like an Amare Stoudamire, but doesn't stink on D.
                              Drummond had a nice game:

35 minutes
                              16 points
                              8-10 fg
                              0-0 ft
                              9 rebs
                              0 ast
                              4 stl
                              2 blk
                              3 to
                              1 foul

Davis did his part to keep the debate going:

34 minutes
                              15 points
                              5-9 fg
                              5-6 ft
                              11 rebs
                              0 ast
                              0 stl
                              3 blk
                              0 to
                              1 foul

At this time, I would take either of these players over any wing in the draft if given the choice because they appear to be the better player. However, if they are gone my next tier would be:

Quincy Miller
                              K-G/Barnes

An interesting thought is Perry Jones III. He is showing some range on his jump shot through his first 5 games going 4/6 from 3pt range. If he can play the 3 at the NBA level, that changes a lot of things. BC took Amar'e out of high school when many said he had a bad reputation so it would not be the first time BC went against conventional wisdom.

The Baylor website is a great place to watch game highlights of Miller/Jones III. Here is the link:

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-...skbl-body.html

Comment

• Barnes

If Barnes does things like that while still being a good shooter then he may possibly be the perfect fit for the raps.. I would love to see a Val/E.Davis/Barnes/Demar combo with a good point guard but the problem would be to find that point guard. Bargnani as first big off the bench or trade him and have Amir off the bench and try to get Barbosa back as the first guard off the bench.
                                Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X