2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Valid points. But with zone guru Dwane Casey, could you imagine the possibilities with JV and AD?
    The possibilites would be endless and it would be something the NBA has yet to encounter. 3 7ft'ers in the front court! lol

Crazy.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
      The possibilites would be endless and it would be something the NBA has yet to encounter. 3 7ft'ers in the front court! lol

Crazy.
      Not entirely true.

To begin the 08-09 season, the Raptors started Chris Bosh, Jermaine O'neal and Andrea Bargnani in their front court, to go with Calderon and Parker in the back court. Bargs was at the 3, obviously.

(I know, I know Bosh is technically only 6'10", but still)

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
        Not entirely true.

To begin the 08-09 season, the Raptors started Chris Bosh, Jermaine O'neal and Andrea Bargnani in their front court, to go with Calderon and Parker in the back court. Bargs was at the 3, obviously.

(I know, I know Bosh is technically only 6'10", but still)
        If you wanna get technical, O'Neal isn't a 7-footer either

Comment

• AD will never play the three. Doesn't matter if he was a guard till his sophmore year. Your skill aren't usually that developed as a high school sophmore and he wasn't even in top 100 when he was a guard so that says a lot about his guard skills. When he went through that growth spurt he probably stop working on it and more on his back to the basket game. He will be a face-up big Ala Chris Bosh but a way better defender
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• • Baylor freshman Quincy Miller got off to a hot start for the Bears before taking a backseat to Perry Jones III once he returned to the team following a six-game suspension. Since Jones returned, Miller hadn't scored more than 15 points in a game until he broke out of his shell two Saturdays ago versus Oklahoma State. Miller had the best game of his career against Missouri on Saturday, scoring 29 points on 12-for-17 shooting. With Jones playing the wallflower of late, Miller seems more content and more comfortable being the go-to scorer for Baylor. His athleticism also seems to be improving as he continues to recover from an ACL tear last year. If Miller can start playing like this on a nightly basis, he could move himself back into the Top 10 by the end of the season.
            Chard Ford ESPN Inside Draft Stock update

I think that Quincy Miller will be the guy on June 28. Even though we're struggling right now. I don't see us having a top 3 worse record in the league. After this months are schedule gets friendly and with a healthy Andrea Bargnani and playing D I don't see us going on more than 3 game losing streak for the rest of the season. I see us picking in the 7-15 range
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Q.Miller i told you man He's our guy, he doesn't shy away from driving to the rim and dunking on someones head. thats what i wanna see. The Toughness and swagger, imagine Bargnani and miller that would be a pretty sick combo.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I think that Quincy Miller will be the guy on June 28. Even though we're struggling right now. I don't see us having a top 3 worse record in the league. After this months are schedule gets friendly and with a healthy Andrea Bargnani and playing D I don't see us going on more than 3 game losing streak for the rest of the season. I see us picking in the 7-15 range
                Im sorry, becuase I am not an optimist. But you realize we lost 8 straight? we have a record of 5-13, so we have an average of 2.5 losing streak before we win a game. I know Bargs is back, but do you really think we will improve that much?

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                  Im sorry, becuase I am not an optimist. But you realize we lost 8 straight? we have a record of 5-13, so we have an average of 2.5 losing streak before we win a game. I know Bargs is back, but do you really think we will improve that much?
                  I guess I am a bit of an optimistic but, if you think about it. On that 8 game losing streak Andrea didn't play in six of them and Bayless didn't play in six either. The reason we lost most those games were cause of are offensive execution. One other thing it's the first time this year Casey has the full roster at his disposal. Guys like Gray, LK and JB can only get better as they settle in. Last of all can it really get any worse?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think that what this season has proved so far is that Bargnani is the best Raptor followed by Calderon, that whenever Barbosa is "on" the result is quite positive, and that we on this forum have been guilty at times of overating the young gunz. Not to throw them under the bus, because if they live up to their potential they could be solid role players on a good basketball team, though they are all a work in progress and do not have the capability of carrying the team on their shoulders at this point.

Comment

• DraftExpress.com has MKG at #3.

Obviously it means very little at this point but, wow, what a rise he has had this year.

Comment

• Texas at Baylor
                        CBS
                        Saturday, 1pm eastern

Looking forward to this game to see Miller. Hopefully Kabongo plays well - it seems he is a no show in big games or nationally televised games.

Comment

• Man the more I watch Miller the more I like him. Dude is so fluid.

The more I see Kabongo the more I think he stays another year. He's got a lot to work on.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nobody can guard Miller right now this is amazing.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              Man the more I watch Miller the more I like him. Dude is so fluid.

The more I see Kabongo the more I think he stays another year. He's got a lot to work on.
                              His two first half fouls were stupid - both of them.

I do like his PG skills though. He hit a few guys with wide open looks, they just didn't hit them. Texas is a young and inexperienced team this year. Much like the Raptors they could use an infusion of experience and talent.

Comment

• The talent is certainly there, no question. I just think another year in school would benefit his overall game and have him more prepared for the NBA.

That said the dearth of talent at PG in the draft would automatically bump his stock.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X