No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thx for the advice. Quincy Miller is 13 on draftexpress, i expect him to jump to top 5 or just outside the top 5. BC should strongly consider him

Comment

• Thomas Robinson this kid is a beast
      perry jones
      anthony davis
      austin rivers

thats my short list

Comment

• davis
        gilchrist
        barnes

is my list
        it is a great year for us to get #1 and trade down to 2 or 3. we would have a really good draft day

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          How is it a myth Texas has inferior players? Who, besides Kabongo and Brown, is what one might call good?

Out of curiosity, how many full Texas games have you managed to see this year?
          I'm bowing out of the Kabongo discussion. I've said my piece a few times, making myself seem contentious. I have nothing more to add.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            I'm bowing out of the Kabongo discussion. I've said my piece a few times, making myself seem contentious. I have nothing more to add.
            OK.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              ...I'm not sure Kabongo goes back. He is a 20 year old freshman. His talent and skills are obviously there as a PG. He is not a scoring PG - yet he can in fact score - but you give him some talented players around him, he'll get the most out of them...
              In other words he is like a younger Calderon?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                In other words he is like a younger Calderon?
                Exactly. Take away Calderon's injury history and I'd be very happy to keep him - especially with Alex McKechnie on board. However, he does have the injury history and he is continuing to play every summer versus rest and prepare/train his body for the rigours of the NBA season.

IF Calderon was 4-5 years younger (we would not know about his possible injury future) and I would be all over him as the PG of Raptors moving forward.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  Thomas Robinson this kid is a beast
                  perry jones
                  anthony davis
                  austin rivers

thats my short list
                  Perry Jones made a mistake staying in school. No way he goes top five in this deep class but that's probably where he would have ended up in 2011.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Perry Jones made a mistake staying in school. No way he goes top five in this deep class but that's probably where he would have ended up in 2011.
                    I didn't understand the Perry Jones decision at all. If anything, all he's done is solidify the question marks around him. Harrison Barnes was another one that made no sense to me. Same with Sullinger. These guys gave up millions and are going to end up drafted lower than they would have been last year (or in the same spot). I guess if you don't need millions of dollars then it's fine but seems crazy to me.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      I didn't understand the Perry Jones decision at all. If anything, all he's done is solidify the question marks around him. Harrison Barnes was another one that made no sense to me. Same with Sullinger. These guys gave up millions and are going to end up drafted lower than they would have been last year (or in the same spot). I guess if you don't need millions of dollars then it's fine but seems crazy to me.
                      Don't forget alot of these guys decisions to stay behind were driven by the Lockout.
                      Not so much Perry Jones, but certainly Sullinger and Barnes.
                      Despite what they say about wanting to 'hone their craft' and 'get a championship'.
                      Had they entered the draft, and been drafted, they would have missed out on Potential Millions by being locked out.
                      I guess they felt staying behind would allow them the most options in terms of Personal Gain.

Perry Jones only played a handful of games last year before being Suspended. I believe he felt he owed something to the School/Program, or something along those lines.
                      Or perhaps he truly believed he could open some eyes this year.

Comment

• Well, he was expected to take a big step forward this season and it hasn't happened. If I remember correctly he cited a bunch of reasons for coming back but in his case he didn't touch on the lockout.

Comment

• Perry Jones might fall out of the top5 but, he will get draft somewhere 5-10 on pure potential and don't be surprise if that GM name is Bryan Colangelo
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I would be shocked if BC took PJ3
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Perry Jones might fall out of the top5 but, he will get draft somewhere 5-10 on pure potential and don't be surprise if that GM name is Bryan Colangelo
                              He's as likely to be the next Earl Clark as he is to be the next Kevin Durant, that's for sure.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                He's as likely to be the next Earl Clark as he is to be the next Kevin Durant, that's for sure.
                                A good opener for me to ask a question.

Given the Raptors current situation, do you believe Colangelo will draft a player based upon his mean expectations or based upon the likelihood he will meet or exceed a certain threshold?

Comment

Working...
                                X