• Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Seriously? He was a walk-on?
    Yes.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-uconn-walk-on

Comment

• Any one watching St. Bonaventure/FSU?

I picked St. Bonny in my bracket and their leading by 6 at half.. Nicholson is doing great (12pts / 4rbs at half). Enjoying his game/hustle.

Comment

Seriously? He was a walk-on?
        Not really. It has to do with him potentially getting another kid's scholarship and he didn't want to be seen as ruining this guy's college chances so he came in as a walk-on. The whole thing is a little unclear to me but it was caused by UCONN losing scholarship cause of NCAA sanctions or something.

Speaking of Drummond. Have seen UCONN play about 4 times this year. Don't understand the Drummond hype. Guy doesn't have much game. Big dude, tonnes of athleticism, not much BB skill. Seen too many of these type of guys to get too excited about him.

Comment

• a lot of people were saying florida wouldn't beat virginia but they're up 20 on them right now. my boy Beal leading the way, naturally.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Basically, whenever Florida win it's in spite of Boynton and Walker. Worst. Backcourt. Ever.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• You just blew my mind. One of the top 5 players in the country (arguably), isn't on athletic scholarship.

Sounds like it was an issue dealing with his late enrollment.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Not really. It has to do with him potentially getting another kid's scholarship and he didn't want to be seen as ruining this guy's college chances so he came in as a walk-on. The whole thing is a little unclear to me but it was caused by UCONN losing scholarship cause of NCAA sanctions or something.

Speaking of Drummond. Have seen UCONN play about 4 times this year. Don't understand the Drummond hype. Guy doesn't have much game. Big dude, tonnes of athleticism, not much BB skill. Seen too many of these type of guys to get too excited about him.
                It's clear that Drummond is a walk on likely headed for the lottery.

Here's an analogy: it's not difficult for a surefire lottery pick to arrange school financing just as it is for a medical student to arrange a bank loan.
                Last edited by stretch; Fri Mar 16, 2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  a lot of people were saying florida wouldn't beat virginia but they're up 20 on them right now. my boy Beal leading the way, naturally.
                  I've got Florida reaching the final four. Bold, BOLD prediction....

Comment

• I think drummond has potential to be a nice nba player down the road, but its going to be 3 or 4 years and his offense isn't really going to be much of anything, ever. Think Deandre Jordon.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ive got them losing in the new round
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• want Beal so bad
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't see them beating Missouri but if they can and Beal leads the way.. he may takeover MKG on my big board.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            want Beal so bad
                            He rebounds surprisingly well for a little guy.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I don't see them beating Missouri but if they can and Beal leads the way.. he may takeover MKG on my big board.
                              I'm pretty nervous about the Florida/Missouri matchup, but ceez told me Beal is the best college player in the history of basketball, and I believed him...

Comment

He rebounds surprisingly well for a little guy.
                                in general he plays much bigger than his size. he's actually very strong and has surprising hops.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X