Drafting non-americans as a strategy for long term success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee wrote: View Post
    We need more Metta World Peace. That has to be best selling jersey next year.
    i haven't bought a jersey since Shawn Kemp... but i'm totally going to get a Metta World Peace jersey.

Comment

I ain't buyin' no damn Lakers jersey.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Why did LeBron leave Cleveland...or Shaq Orlando....

Afraid the argument is fallacious. If money/ancillary earning capacity were the sole factor and the player (even a Euro) was disposed to continuing in a TO there are external powerful forces many times like agents or a Nike that prod the player to move. The bottom line is to have a good and winning organization (eg. Spurs) and players will come. However what I would like to see in the new cba is an adjustment which would prevent what happened in Miami this year. This upsets the competitive balance in the league and creates super teams in what would be a tiered league. The Premier L. in soccer in England is a prime example with the league title cycled within 2-3 teams among the top 6-7 ...in the 20 team league.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Why did LeBron leave Cleveland...or Shaq Orlando....

Afraid the argument is fallacious. If money/ancillary earning capacity were the sole factor and the player (even a Euro) was disposed to continuing in a TO there are external powerful forces many times like agents or a Nike that prod the player to move. The bottom line is to have a good and winning organization (eg. Spurs) and players will come. However what I would like to see in the new cba is an adjustment which would prevent what happened in Miami this year. This upsets the competitive balance in the league and creates super teams in what would be a tiered league. The Premier L. in soccer in England is a prime example with the league title cycled within 2-3 teams among the top 6-7 ...in the 20 team league.
          Exactly, a hard cap is needed otherwise whats the point of having a "limit" to begin with? LA will always spend much more than Milwakee and Minnesota.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
            We need more Metta World Peace. That has to be best selling jersey next year.

But seriously, u create a winning environment players will stay. DD loves TO.
            Thank you Employee. And yes, DD and even Weems don't and have to hang out in the local gyms to try to fit in? They do it because I believe they have a great heart and a passion for T.O. We create a winning team and people will want to go there to play. I think that having a coach with a winning attitude isn't too bad either. GO RAPS GO!

Comment

LOL, what are you on?

Both Bosh and Carter resigned with Toronto. Shaq asked for a trade, as did Kobe what does that say about the Lakers?

kids these days...

(Let me guess, you are from Toronto but you are young and have an inferiority complex. You are embarrassed by your parents and think your friends are the coolest people in your life. You stood in line for an iphone.)

Bosh is a half paid coat tail rider. Vince's career, was mute after his trade... I don't know what to tell you dude, find some pride. Bosh or Carter will never have the same popularity they had here, EVER. No one cares about Miami, in Miami. (you could of taken a nice nap in their arena during the playoffs and you would not have missed a minute of sleep)
              Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat Jun 25, 2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X