HW: Brotherson - What is next for the Raptors? & Brigham - JV is not AB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Pau Gasol is not an aggressive player by nature. The buzz word this year is 'high motor' it seems. Pau does not have one. By every account JV does. Noah is a banger and has a smaller frame than JV. He turned 19 on May 6 and is a shade under 7' - give him a chance. I'm 6'8" I couldn't gain a pound until about 20 years old and really didn't start adding muscle until 22.

Who knows what happens to the front court of the Raps. It is better to have too many options than not enough. Personally, I hope Bargnani is trading but time will tell.

I'm not sure where you get Brigham saying there is no lottery pick next year. Getting a marquee rookie stud usually means a high lottery pick, from article:
    Maleko pointed it out... when Brigham said "While it may be easy to question the pick, mostly because Toronto will not have a lottery pick this season to help them improve upon last year's dismal season" I read that to mean he didn't think Toronto would be in the lottery this coming year.

As for JV... where am I not giving him a chance? Questioning whether he will be a banger doesn't mean I think he can't be.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
      Maleko pointed it out... when Brigham said "While it may be easy to question the pick, mostly because Toronto will not have a lottery pick this season to help them improve upon last year's dismal season" I read that to mean he didn't think Toronto would be in the lottery this coming year.

As for JV... where am I not giving him a chance? Questioning whether he will be a banger doesn't mean I think he can't be.
      I apologize if I misinterpreted but he was drafted as a C, wants to play C in the NBA, has always played C at every level he has played, and is projected to be a C in the NBA. Your post made reference to him being unable to play C in the NBA and not being overly physical like Pau Gasol. It also expressed your opinion the Raps just drafted another PF. My point is, given all indications of him being a C, I'm going to consider him a C. He is 19 and anywhere from 230-240lbs now, another 15-20 pounds of muscle with his aggressiveness and skill set should make him a very good NBA C - not a PF.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I apologize if I misinterpreted but he was drafted as a C, wants to play C in the NBA, has always played C at every level he has played, and is projected to be a C in the NBA. Your post made reference to him being unable to play C in the NBA and not being overly physical like Pau Gasol. It also expressed your opinion the Raps just drafted another PF. My point is, given all indications of him being a C, I'm going to consider him a C. He is 19 and anywhere from 230-240lbs now, another 15-20 pounds of muscle with his aggressiveness and skill set should make him a very good NBA C - not a PF.
        no worries... not so much I don't think he can't do it, or doesn't want to do it.... more a question of will he be able to do it. No doubt time will tell. I will say though that when BC (and maybe moreso Gherardini) is involved I get quite cynical.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          I like both articles. I am one who is very anti-Bargnani at this point in his career as many who read my posts can surmise, however IF Casey can get him off his ass to put in consistent effort, and he pairs with JV, it could be an interesting size matchup issue with two 7-footers. That said, I have little faith he will put in the consistent effort, his D against PFs is truly disastrous, and he would garner talent back in a trade IMO. I like Ed's hard play, his father's influence and style of play when he was in the league, and his potential.
          If Colangelo trades Ed or Amir in order to let Bargnani play the 4 (I can't beleive all of a sudden Colangelo is argung that Andrea is a 4!!! When did this tune change?), I'm done with this squad.

I don't care about 21 points on 18 shots. I care about players that love the game and work hard to get better at it. Andrea is the exact opposite of that. We argue the great points for supporting JV pick, which I do, but then if we know his attributes are the opposite of a lazy, coddled, overpaid underachiever why keep him to try and see if he will play better at the 4? His type of problems are all internal and no change of position will make any difference.

I'm tired of Colangelo not being able to admit he made a huge mistake taking him, and he's made a huge mistake, to the detriment of the team, keeping him in a Raps uniform.

Comment

Working...
          X