Demar Derozan doesn't like the pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Another reason why Twitter is really a detriment to any meaningful discussion or presenting context. I am still mystified why so many use it so much.

As for the tweet...way low on my list on how to improve the Raptors. ...if indeed he was concerned...maybe he just finished reading Confucius or Antoine de Saint-Exupéry which is good.
    Trying to keep within the 140 character limit would be absolutely hell for me. Hey, I just did it! That was easy!
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
      As he continues to get better he will go through the exact metamorphosis as Chris Bosh where he will want to compete and be on a more relevant team... its already starting to happen... that's why tanking 2 season in a row and getting a player to stash away in Europe (and is a 3 year project who may not even pan out) for a team that went 22-60 is not something I am enamored with.
      Need not worry about this because under the current CBA Derozan is signed two at least another two years and then becomes a RFA where Raptors can and will match any offer should he not sign an extension. That means at least 5 more years if not 6 guaranteed with Raptors.
      What's best is that in all likelihood the new CBA will be even more restrictive to free agency making it easier for teams to keep their players.
      So the real question is can the Raptors become contenders in 4-5 years when the core guys on our teams start hitting UFA. The best plan we can have is to try to make a serious contender in that timeframe instead of trying to make shortcuts (think BC trying to please Bosh) that will more likely make Derozan and others leave.

Comment

That video gave me a 14 minutes and 1 second raging erection.

That is very cryptic.
        (a) the statement is open ended it could be for or against the pick
        (b) why did he tweet anything at all
        (c) was it something he had planned and thought out in advance to tweet regardless of the outcome
        (d) if he loved the pick - I think he would have said so
        (e) As he continues to get better he will go through the exact metamorphosis as Chris Bosh where he will want to compete and be on a more relevant team... its already starting to happen... that's why tanking 2 season in a row and getting a player to stash away in Europe (and is a 3 year project who may not even pan out) for a team that went 22-60 is not something I am enamored with.

Listen to the Chris Bosh sound bites on this DeRozen Feature

Weems' womanizing knows no bounds - lol
        As for Jennings I am not sure he is DCasey's kind of player (defensive system player)... we will see..

Comment

Well I definitely wasn't reading into it too much lol (even though it may seem that way now that I look at my post)... I literally thought about it for a minute, posted the possiblities and wondered what everyone else thought, that's all .

Personally, I like the pick, not just because I'm Lithuanian, but because Valanciunas was the 3rd best player in the draft in my opinion (and many other experts' opnions as well). He is definitely not the typical Euro player that everyone seems to despise being on the Raptors.

As for Derozan, regardless of if that tweet was directed at Colangelo or the Raptors, or someone else completely, I think he will want to stay a Raptor for years to come anyways. I've never seen any indication of him thinking otherwise in the short time he's been here so far.

By the way, if you loved that Derozan video, drop a comment on the vid, my friend made it a few days ago and he's ecstatic about the mass amount of positive comments he's getting, even from DD himself!

Comment

That is very cryptic.
            (a) the statement is open ended it could be for or against the pick
            (b) why did he tweet anything at all
            (c) was it something he had planned and thought out in advance to tweet regardless of the outcome
            (d) if he loved the pick - I think he would have said so
            (e) As he continues to get better he will go through the exact metamorphosis as Chris Bosh where he will want to compete and be on a more relevant team... its already starting to happen... that's why tanking 2 season in a row and getting a player to stash away in Europe (and is a 3 year project who may not even pan out) for a team that went 22-60 is not something I am enamored with.

Listen to the Chris Bosh sound bites on this DeRozen Feature

Weems' womanizing knows no bounds - lol
            As for Jennings I am not sure he is DCasey's kind of player (defensive system player)... we will see..

Best Video Ever.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
              Need not worry about this because under the current CBA Derozan is signed two at least another two years and then becomes a RFA where Raptors can and will match any offer should he not sign an extension. That means at least 5 more years if not 6 guaranteed with Raptors.
              What's best is that in all likelihood the new CBA will be even more restrictive to free agency making it easier for teams to keep their players.
              So the real question is can the Raptors become contenders in 4-5 years when the core guys on our teams start hitting UFA. The best plan we can have is to try to make a serious contender in that timeframe instead of trying to make shortcuts (think BC trying to please Bosh) that will more likely make Derozan and others leave.
              I totally agree. I was pissed about the pick at first even knowing how good he could be simply because I know they have a limited window to have all their young guys peak at the same time to create a winner and the type of team that could attract free agents like the good ol Vince days. Having JV become a great C in 5 years might be too late for the current crop of Derozen, ED, Amir to benefit. They picked a guy who looks like he should become a borderline All-Star if all goes well but who cares if he just the next Demar after Demar leaves because they couldn't build a winner during his time here. It could all work out but I think for our team with our history it was a HUGE roll of the dice.

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                I think you are correct and BC is thinking along the same lines. I was getting worried toward the latter part of the season when DeDe was not getting calls on obvious fouls and his boy weems was out + Amir. He seemed a little depressed. You don't want a kid like that loosing his fire or thinking loosing is normal.

MillerRegent wrote: View Post
                That video gave me a 14 minutes and 1 second raging erection.
                I know it seriously has me anxious for year three of DeDe!!
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I think it's more likely that DeRozan tweeted that whilst sitting on the can, after he realized he was constipated.

Get some Metamucil, DeMar.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

Working...
                  X