No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebounding or DeMar's Defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Rebounding or DeMar's Defense?

What's been worse so far tonight against the Spurs?

Man, DeMar's defense is resembling Moon's from last year with every game. Getting exposed and then the chase hoping for a block from behind.

It's been 15 years now, does anyone think this franchise will ever learn to box out?

I think it's too early to judge DeRozan. He's raw, young and inexperienced. Give him a chance to grow.

The Raptors as a whole did a horrendous job on the boards. I didn't see the intensity or hunger to secure most rebounds. Bosh only grabbed his 10th rebound with 17 seconds left in the game, and by that point the game was long gone. CB4 has to lead by example and he just didn't bring it on the boards tonight.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of CB4 fading after his MVP-like start.

Comment

Carbon, Bosh is scoring, rebounding, blocking and giving it all he can. We can expect more but we don't need it right now. What we need is a team effort on DEFENSE. I can't stress enough how we don't rotate to the open man, some people look like they don't even care if a man drives. What about this promised D Jack was supposed to bring us? Everytime he's 1 on 1, he gets blown by. Triano needs to kick someone up the ass and tell the team to tighten it up. We can't let this go on for much longer. For our rebounding and aggresiveness problem, we are being called "soft". The solution? Reggie needs to stop faking and get it going.
      Onions baby, onions.

Comment

Carbon wrote: View Post
        I think it's too early to judge DeRozan. He's raw, young and inexperienced. Give him a chance to grow.

The Raptors as a whole did a horrendous job on the boards. I didn't see the intensity or hunger to secure most rebounds. Bosh only grabbed his 10th rebound with 17 seconds left in the game, and by that point the game was long gone. CB4 has to lead by example and he just didn't bring it on the boards tonight.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of CB4 fading after his MVP-like start.
        Offensive rebounds and second-chance points, that is the Achilles heel of the Raptors and will be until Bargnani starts to collect some tough contested rebounds. You simply can't have a guy play the minutes he plays at C and not contribute towards rebounding.

It doesn't matter if we add other rebounders to the team like Evans or even defenders like Wright, we'll always be fighting the odds with Bargnani underperforming on the glass.

Comment

Working...
        X