Sebastian Pruiti: "Jonas Valanciunas & Andrea Bargnani Can Work Defensively"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marz wrote: View Post
    that's not true. He complements the other team perfectly.
    lol. +1

Comment

Greg Oden the Wal-Mart center

-You know you shouldn't be buying him, cause, you know you shouldn't even be in a Wal-Mart to begin with. Anything you buy is likely to break, and regardless of the price, in the end when it does break, you have no one left to blame but yourself. Damn it! Why the fuck did I shop at Wal-Mart! Do I never learn?

Greg Oden does not equal a Wal-Mart center, but rather, the 3 legged dog you found at the Humane Society.

-You feel so bad for the guy that, despite the fact that you were actually in the market for a puppy, you end up buying him anyways because you think it deserves another shot at life, and maybe, just maybe, through some Dog-god miracle, it grows back its missing leg and becomes the dog of your dreams, full of love and devotion for having rescued it.

OR

Greg Oden does not equal any of those on the open market, because, what in reality is likely to be the case is that he actually IS both of those, it's just that Portland won't care, and will buy him anyways. Only, they won't pay the Wal-Mart price. They'll pay the Sharper Image price. And afterwards, the owners will cancel the season and lock out the players because the owners are all losing money and want a guaranteed profit REGARDLESS of how shitty their respective business practices are, thus ensuring they can in the future all shop at the Sharper Image for players that should be found at the Humane Society booth set up in the back corner of the local Wal-Mart.

Comment

Haha Jeff, I appreciate the work you've put into these analogies.. but I actually don't mind taking a chance on Greg Oden.

Oden was not a project when drafted, he wasn't raw by any means and was NBA ready. He hadn't built his reputation in Faroffistan. He played college and he was very good, occasionally dominant. What if Tim Duncan or Shaq had missed 75% of their first 3 seasons due to injury -- what would their market value have been? At the time you probably stay the hell away, but what about knowing what you know now.. it's hard to say isn't it.

Those are pretty extreme examples though. How about Nene's market value after the 2007-2008 season? He was fresh off 3 seasons where he had played a total of 81 games. Nene is not exactly a mind-blowingly awesome player, but you can't argue that his career has taken off since then. I'd say he's worth every penny Denver is paying him.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Greg Oden is made of glass. He's not worth the risk.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I prefer they shop at Value Village, for this free agency. They still get what they need, temporarily, but it doesn't feed the big, bad machine.
            Anyone who has shopped at Value Village (and I have!) will attest to some very good deals hidden on their racks. One just has to search thoroughly then wash/rinse. Good for a couple of years and at a very affordable price.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Anyone who has shopped at Value Village (and I have!) will attest to some very good deals hidden on their racks. One just has to search thoroughly then wash/rinse. Good for a couple of years and at a very affordable price.
              We have a basement suite that we rented out furnished for a while, so we grabbed a couple of things from there. I ended up finding a great dresser and mirror combo that we ended up taking for our room and moving the dresser we had down to the suite. It was something like $50. Probably would have cost 10 times that, or more, new. And there was nothing wrong with it. Sweet deal.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                People used to say the same thing about Marcus Camby.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Marcus Camby is an iron man when compared to Greg Oden. Greg Oden is in Yao Ming territory in terms of durability.

Comment

Marcus Camby is an iron man when compared to Greg Oden. Greg Oden is in Yao Ming territory in terms of durability.
                    Actually, Oden's dream would be to be in the Yao Ming territory. Right now he's not even in the Sam Bowie territory.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

We have a basement suite that we rented out furnished for a while, so we grabbed a couple of things from there. I ended up finding a great dresser and mirror combo that we ended up taking for our room and moving the dresser we had down to the suite. It was something like $50. Probably would have cost 10 times that, or more, new. And there was nothing wrong with it. Sweet deal.
                      Wow. Do you know where I can get a good deal on some fuschia lamp shades? Oh sorry - this is a bball forum...

:|

Comment

ihatehaters wrote: View Post
                        Wow. Do you know where I can get a good deal on some fuschia lamp shades? Oh sorry - this is a bball forum...

:|
                        Fuchsia shade lamps? That was SOOO 1990s.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Actually, Oden's dream would be to be in the Yao Ming territory. Right now he's not even in the Sam Bowie territory.
                          Regardless, looks like Portland's has taken the first step in potentially bringing him back.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

If Oden is made of glass then Yao is your precious China. I'm sorry, I just had to get it out there. It was too easy. On a side note, I don't like tossing 8.8 mil to a guy who can't even be a practice dummy for the Washington Generals. Same goes for Yao. Although it would be a great marketing tool for Toronto's large Chinese community.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how Bargnani could help anyone defensively? He can't even help himself. If a rookie and young PF, aswell as an undersized (but strong) PF had to cover Cs for Bargnani.... and those same guys had to cover PFs for Bargnani.... how Bargnani is gonna help someone else is a mystery.

Now if the argument is Jonas can compensate for Bargnani atleast you have a logical argument (one I won't agree with until I see him play in the NBA, but a logical argument none the less).... adding that Bargnani could, in some fashion, help Jonas simply makes it wrong.

I guess if we take a long term macro view of this then there is reason to believe its possible. If Jonas plays with Bargnani then he will get alot of experience learning help defense in the NBA. Also sometimes the best way to learn is to find out how not to do things, so that could benifit Jonas to.

Comment

Working...
                              X