Wright and Dorsey's Days Numbered ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright and Dorsey's Days Numbered ?

Nor should you (and I know one guy this will crush) rush out and get yourself a Julian Wright or Joey Dorsey souvenir.

The word is they won’t likely make qualifying offers to either of them by today’s deadline and they’ll become unrestricted free agents whenever the CBA stuff gets settled.
    -
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Dorsey no
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Dorsey no
      +1

Although I liked wright, his stunt refusing to come in made me lose respect for him. He should not be signed back, and i doubt he will by anyone.

Dorsey has potential here, and I dont think he will be signed anywhere if not here.

Comment

I liked Dorsey and JuJu surprised for a decent stretch this past season. However, I don't know that either of them played so well as to cement a position on the roster. Training camp invites? Sure.

Comment

Both are easily replaced by any number of undrafted players and free agent journey men...
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I figured as much. I would like it if they could keep Dorsey. He can be replaced but at his price you're not going to find a more reliable, hard working player.

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
            Although I liked wright, his stunt refusing to come in made me lose respect for him. He should not be signed back
            I felt the same thing. I don't care who you are, when the coach tells you to get in the game you get in the game unless you're injured. Although it was only one incident it rubbed me the wrong way. Guys like him who are struggling to make it in the league should be going above and beyond always.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I figured as much. I would like it if they could keep Dorsey. He can be replaced but at his price you're not going to find a more reliable, hard working player.
              Dorsey always seemed to do well with minutes when he received them, I just thought he was maxed out for potential, I would rather a younger guy that could develop into a bigger piece going forward. People forget that Dorsey turns 28 this year.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He's serviceable, in my opinion. Never took a possession off and made his presence felt in the paint. Could give you a double figure rebounding numbers, most times on the floor. He changed and got more mature when he came here. I'ma miss The Hulk, still. Good luck to him wherever he lands.
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Yeah I hear you. The only thing is at the end of the bench, how much development are those guys really getting? With Dorsey you had a guy who could sit out 20 games and still come in and give you something. The guy's nickname should be "Stainless Steel" because he never shows signs of rust no matter how long he sits out. Every team needs dependable guys like that. I would say the bulk majority of players eating up those last three roster spots on any club typically are going nowhere in the league. I don't think any team needs three projects watching from the sideline.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                    +1

Although I liked wright, his stunt refusing to come in made me lose respect for him. He should not be signed back, and i doubt he will by anyone.

Dorsey has potential here, and I dont think he will be signed anywhere if not here.
                    Just saying, but if no one else wants to sign him, doesn't that say something?

Comment

I think someone will sign him. If there is a hard cap guys like him might suddenly become more appreciated. The Miami Heat could certainly use him. They were lacking dependable glue guys on the bench. That's why Dallas beat them. Bench versus bench, Dallas crushed them.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Yeah I hear you. The only thing is at the end of the bench, how much development are those guys really getting? With Dorsey you had a guy who could sit out 20 games and still come in and give you something. The guy's nickname should be "Stainless Steel" because he never shows signs of rust no matter how long he sits out. Every team needs dependable guys like that. I would say the bulk majority of players eating up those last three roster spots on any club typically are going nowhere in the league. I don't think any team needs three projects watching from the sideline.
                        this exactly. guys like dorsey are actually really important to have. why do you think scalabrine jumps from contender to contender?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You should add the words "in the NBA" to the thread title.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

I agree, too bad about Dorsey. I always thought he was a great guy to have once the injuries started racking up. Could be more time for Alabi as that 3rd string big.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I won't miss both. This does mean that Evans is definitely back? Also, they have Alabi and I prefer to use the money to get a three point shooter. This team needs a sniper badly (and a stopper of a backup at SF. No that does not mean Sonny Weems).
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X