Devils Advocate: Let's say Bargs DOES figure things out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devils Advocate: Let's say Bargs DOES figure things out

and becomes the 4 we all dreamed he would be. with him, i think that suggests even average defense and you can't tell me BC wouldn't be completely content if that was the case.

..what happens to Ed?
    @sweatpantsjer

Ed becomes Al Horford, and Amir becomes Glen Davis.

How is this devil's advocate?

Comment

You mean if bargs becomes an allstar then Val comes here, we will have too many bigs.
      Although I think davis will be our starting pf (or at least should be) we need to at least consider trade options.
      becoming emotionally attatched to a player is bad for buisness (just like at buss not trading bynum for howard).
      If we can trade Davis for someone better than we need to do it, Sorry ed.

Comment

I think we're jumping the gun a little here, lets wait til val comes over to speculate

Comment

Listening to Casey's interviews since he came here, I'd say Ed Davis gets moved and we have Val, Alabi, Bargs, and Amir as our bigs. I have yet to hear him say anything at all about Ed Davis, I'm not sure why that is but my first thought is that he intends to give Bargs the Power Forward job if he can improve this season. If Solo also makes some improvements and becomes a decent bench player I'd imagine that Ed is moved before Amir. You can probably get a lot more for Ed and Amir will be the cheaper option once Ed's rookie deal runs out. It could just be that since Ed was a rookie last year Dwayne hasn't talked about him because he's still a bit of an unknown, but all the talk of working with Bargs has me thinking they are still hoping he gets it.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            Listening to Casey's interviews since he came here, I'd say Ed Davis gets moved and we have Val, Alabi, Bargs, and Amir as our bigs. I have yet to hear him say anything at all about Ed Davis, I'm not sure why that is but my first thought is that he intends to give Bargs the Power Forward job if he can improve this season. If Solo also makes some improvements and becomes a decent bench player I'd imagine that Ed is moved before Amir. You can probably get a lot more for Ed and Amir will be the cheaper option once Ed's rookie deal runs out. It could just be that since Ed was a rookie last year Dwayne hasn't talked about him because he's still a bit of an unknown, but all the talk of working with Bargs has me thinking they are still hoping he gets it.
            Here's hoping they keep ED until Bargs at least shows he gets it, otherwise just plain keep him (ED)!

Comment

Personally, I would be most open to trading Amir.

JV, Ed and Bargnani all have different styles of games, that provide a coach with multiple lineup looks and mismatches. I would really like to see that 3-man big rotation under Casey (IF he can get Bargnani to commit to playing D and not let him get away with being lazy).

As has been discussed in other threads, I think Amir duplicates Ed's game. Although Amir is young, he has played several years in the league already and his body has taken a lot of abuse, he still fouls too much to stay on the court enough to log starters minutes and his game hasn't improved enough all around to be a true starting PF (and he's too small to play C). I like Amir, I love his hustle, but he would be my first pick to be traded, before JV, Ed and Bargnani.

Comment

LOL maybe Casey doesn't know all his players and it could all be an honest mistake... if I'm a new guy to the team I would only know Derozan & Bargnani.

Comment

First of all it is in the teams best interest to make it at least seem like Andrea is still part of the team's future and that he will improve on last season. He is a proven scorer in the league and teams may see some value in him, if the organization just throws him under the bus we will get nothing in return. On the flip side, if Andrea hears that he is still wanted and is going to be given opportunities to play the 4, he may put in a good off-season and come back a better player....a good thing for the team.

As for the Ed and Amir debate I feel that because Ed is on his rookie deal we will be able to keep for a long time, he should getting lots of minutes even when Jonas comes over, a big rotation of Jonas, Ed and Andrea could be a pretty good one with lots of minutes to go around. Amir has a reasonable contract for his age and production, if we need to move him he will fetch something good in return and teams will not feel like we are dumping salary.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ed Davis is easier to move because he's on a small contract and his rookie season showed enough promise that a lot of teams will be interested. He could very well be better than Amir, in fact I think that is a certainty. Don't get me wrong.. if we trade Ed, I'll be disappointed but I think we'll get fair value for him.

Amir Johnson has way less trade value. He's a backup PF who does not have enough to make it worthwhile for him to enter the game often. Yes, he played a lot of minutes for us but remember we were a 22 win team. On a good team he is probably the 2nd big guy off the bench. And for that role, his contract and salary is unattractive and BC will have a hard time finding someone to take him. I'd be much happier if we traded Amir but the number of teams interested will be small and they won't be offering much.

(All this is assuming that the team believes they HAVE to move someone.)
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Amir to Portland for Oden? Amir to Dallas for Haywood? I would be happy with this sort of trade that simultaneously addresses the team's need for a defensive/rebounding veteran C and relieves the logjam at PF.

Comment

My gut tells me that of the bigs, Andrea is the only one to stay. I loved the JV pick but sadly at the cost of Ed or Amir. Casey's recent interviews trouble me because he's basically urging to get a defensive C and Andrea will be fine in HIS DEFENSIVE SCHEME. Unfortunately, this short-sightedness will cost the team future picks (if the team starts getting 30+ wins). Bargs will continue to enjoy his cushy position as the # 1 option on offense and that'll be it. I'm prepared to wait but certainly, Bargs is here to stay.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

If Andrea "gets it" (I know he won't because unlike Dirk, he doesn't even rebound) and costs us this, while stunting the development of Ed and Amir, then all my joy for the JV pick will wither away.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

best case scenario: BC wakes up and trades bargs for a first round draft pick and a closet of new suits
                            worst case scenario: bargs averages 5 rebound a game, BC sees "vast improvement!" and trades Ed to the miami heat who go on to win the next 7 championships
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

you might call it hyperbole but my gut hurts
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X