Jonas will be the youngest player on Lithuania's squad for Eurobasket2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas will be the youngest player on Lithuania's squad for Eurobasket2011

It's great for JV to get experience with the senior team. I am not expecting him to get much minutes but the fact that he's only 19 (the youngest in the squad) and he gets invited to the team is already a great feat in itself. Too bad Kleiza will miss. It would have been an awesome experience since Lithuania will host the Eurobasket games.

http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/cid...leMode_on.html

They'll definitely miss Kleiza, but they seem to have a good team. I'm surprised Jasikevicius is still playing. I still remember his big game against the US where he just killed them. I think they still lost, though. And Lithuania does seem pretty deep at center, especially with a lot of veterans, so I agree he might not get a lot of minutes. We'll see, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That's not the final roster, I'm sure they'll cut 8 players by the end of August.
      Last edited by matt; Wed Jun 29, 2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

dudes they got big val and mini sabonis. they're winning gold.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Kleiza is their best player, its going to hurt for sure but one thing I can say about team Lithuania is that they actually are one of the few teams that play like a real team as opposed to a bunch of players that come together once in a blue moon.

I just hope that Kleiza won't pull a Garbo "hey my surgically repaired leg is ok just need to tape it and put it together and I should be ready to go, LET'S NBA!!!"

Comment

Working...
          X