No announcement yet.

Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude my point was to the poster that thinks the COY belonged to Colangelo, that Sam Mitchell was a horrible coach that was lucky to have a job and who now laughs at Mitchells job prospects as if there is nothing for the man to be proud of in Toronto. This raptor opinion is so like 2006, and if what has transpired has not somehow made the poster take a different accounting of the situation than I think I am within my right to consider him a little dense.

Sam played in the league, he knew his plays, he knew what worked and what did not. I will take his experience over some guy who's one criteria of judging coaches is how they dress. Too even act like getting COY or making the play-offs with 7 new players, most of them significant minute players is meaningless is beyond me.

I am fairly sure "Doc Rivers on Tactics" is not going to sell many copies, but everyone knows he is a great coach. I still think that the bullshit that Sam had to put up with, in terms of the fans misconceptions and the media's inability to try to understand him only added stress to our franchise. Sam may not have started out well, but he got it and kept getting better as coach, he also did better than what most expected with the roster he had.
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Thu Jun 30, 2011, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Ssshhh, Buddah's listening! Haha whatever happened to that guy? I'm sure he's all over the Clipper boards on some Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan business!

As for the topic at hand, I'm gonna try to not compare our draft picks to other players anymore. It just sets up false hopes or expectations if he fails to reach that said players status most of the time. I'm just gonna be patient and watch this rebuild(wait... were the Raps ever built in order to set up a rebuild??) unfold and have fun doing it.
      hey you have to give the guy credit he has been right time and again regarding Amir.

As for Ed. I don't see the Horford comparison except in size. Horford is an excellent passer, and a good shooter (to go along with a top notch defender and rebounder). Ed hasn't shown that ability yet.

JO - maybe but clearly undersized compared to him. JO was a legit C... Ed on the other hand will always be a bit on the short side.

Antonio Davis - now thats a comparison I can see and get behind. Still think Davis was the best big man this team has ever had (yes ahead of Bosh)

Comment

He and Valanciunas have very similar games: rim protection, inside scoring, pick and roll, rebounding ... not much outside game, and a need to add weight to bang in the NBA.
        -A future 3-man big rotation of those two with Bargnani is good balance/compensation for each others shortcomings. Is Amir able to play the role of 4th big, 2nd off the bench? - I think so.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
          Dude my point was to the poster that thinks the COY belonged to Colangelo, that Sam Mitchell was a horrible coach that was lucky to have a job and who now laughs at Mitchells job prospects as if there is nothing for the man to be proud of in Toronto. This raptor opinion is so like 2006, and if what has transpired has not somehow made the poster take a different accounting of the situation than I think I am within my right to consider him a little dense.

Sam played in the league, he knew his plays, he knew what worked and what did not. I will take his experience over some guy who's one criteria of judging coaches is how they dress. Too even act like getting COY or making the play-offs with 7 new players, most of them significant minute players is meaningless is beyond me.

I am fairly sure "Doc Rivers on Tactics" is not going to sell many copies, but everyone knows he is a great coach. I still think that the bullshit that Sam had to put up with, in terms of the fans misconceptions and the media's inability to try to understand him only added stress to our franchise. Sam may not have started out well, but he got it and kept getting better as coach, he also did better than what most expected with the roster he had.
          Do you mean poser or poster? Not sure what poster means..... Must be a hockey term.

On a serious note I'm done with responding as your arguments have no fact or substance to them. Your throwing out comments that have no relevance and are acting like a entry level position worker walking up and down the street petitioning for something you have no clue what your fighting for. Either your Sam Mitchell posting, one of his family members, a childhood friend or some moron. I'm hoping it's one of the first three as your at least sticking up for yourself, your family or have some loyalty towards your friends rather then being blind about basketball and having a big mouth horrendous combination.

The guys tenure are coach had 2 years of solid but unspectacular ball. If you look at the history of COY awards a ton of them were given to teams that had huge turn around in the win/loss department. Your telling me that the roster overhaul had nothing to do with this? As far as talking about those new players playing major minutes. This is almost a valid point except they were all veteran players who knew how to play.

Last point comparing Doc and Sam is just awful. It seems like each time you try to bring up a new point or argument you dig a deeper hole. Just stop fighting something you obviously know nothing about and move on to making more racial comments towards white European players.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
            Last point comparing Doc and Sam is just awful. It seems like each time you try to bring up a new point or argument you dig a deeper hole. Just stop fighting something you obviously know nothing about and move on to making more racial comments towards white European players.
            Child, you obviously have not been around the game and don't know about the criticism that Doc received before the big three.

What is wrong with entry level positions? I make a mean big mac, its all in how you layer the toppings, manager likes me, I can get you in.
            Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Thu Jun 30, 2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

i would say his d would be close to that of camby his o probably slightly below average for a pf throughout his career.
              lets just hope the end result aint the same as camby
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Seems this thread kinda got out of hand a bit. Back to Ed Davis, who I think is the future PF of this team. It would be a grave mistake to trade him, although I do think he's easier to move than Amir if they're feeling the pressure to do so.

Here's why it's a mistake to move either Ed or Amir -- because we'll have a huge hole to fill at PF once the Bargnani@PF experiment fails. Neither Ed nor Amir are ready to play 35 mpg; Amir because he'll keep fouling out, and Ed because he's young and inexperienced. Bargnani@PF will be the same as Bargnani@C, only he'll be guarding a slightly more mobile opponent. Eventually they'll move him back to C because Ed/Amir are better options.

People worry about scoring after Bargs is gone. I don't understand that. I would rather us lose 90-85 than 120-115. And believe me we are going to lose a lot of games this year.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                  Child, you obviously have not been around the game and don't know about the criticism that Doc received before the big three.

What is wrong with entry level positions? I make a mean big mac, its all in how you layer the toppings, manager likes me, I can get you in.
                  How insulted must you be that a child as destroyed you to the point where you can't rebuttal facts and then result to name calling? Isn't this childish tendencies? Talk about calling the kettle black. Perhaps put more thought into you posts before calling out people if you've got nothing behind your statement except an awful outlook on the game.

Are you talking about his days in Orlando? This would be completely different situations with the one Sam was involved in. If Doc has a healthy Grant Hill the Magic would have been just fine. Doc has a gift of working with player and getting the most out of them not fighting them in locker rooms like Smitch. Please name me a player Sam has a positive effect on? With the respect he had as you claim leads to fist fights in the locker room? Actually on second thought don't as this is wasting peoples time having to read your garbage responses.

I'm glad your cracking jokes about Big Macs which I might add is actually quite humorous. This is a good way to stop a discussion that is obviously not gone your way....well done.

Comment

This team had no problems scoring without Andrea. He wasn't doing it as efficiently as before, so redistributing the shots to bayless or derozan was never much of an obstacle. Due to this I don't feel that Andrea's 20ppg are that crucial to this team, sure there will be days, but I think this squad has enough firepower without him.

Comment

I will always mention this, but there is really only one NBA centre that I believe Ed can be compared too and that's Jermaine O'Neal in his all-star prime. Ed doesn't have Jermaine's offensive game yet, but is already a better rebounder. So, the kid can be a tougher Jermaine and a future All-star.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

This is not an argument to keep Bargnani, but anyone who thinks we had a good offense last season is dead wrong. Our offensive rating was 21st in the league last year, and a big reason why we only won 22 games despite a slightly better defense than the year before.

Comment

Working...
                        X