• Show
Clear All

Doin' it and doin' it and doin' it well
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lamb is going to be a star
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

val took young to school. Dominant performance and a win over the US. I hope casual fans hear about this and start warming up to our future starting centre :]

EDIT: I learnt my lesson; next time look dont glance at the boxscore. no win for big val today ):
        Last edited by enlightenment; Tue Jul 5, 2011, 07:05 PM.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I LOVE his consistency with blocks and rebounds. I dont really care much for his fg/fa because that means little at this level. The fact that every single game he goes in and grabs an impressive amount of rebounds per minute he's on the floor. And i would love to see his stats for blockper48, because this guys keeps getting multiple blocks a game playing less than 20 mins in this tournament!

Also his fouls are pretty consistently high, which even though is an issue is the sign of major aggressiveness.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            val took young to school. Dominant performance and a win over the US. I hope casual fans hear about this and start warming up to our future starting centre :]
            Unfortunately the US won today. Lamb hit a step back deuce with 1.8 remaining.

Comment

realistically though, the US have a better team. big val is doing his thing but it doesn't seem like he's getting huge contributions elsewhere. mini sabonis needs to step his game up.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Also his fouls are pretty consistently high, which even though is an issue is the sign of major aggressiveness.
                The fouls are worrisome. Especially the previous game where he fouled out in 14 mins!

Comment

Comment

DoubleD wrote: View Post
                    The fouls are worrisome. Especially the previous game where he fouled out in 14 mins!
                    He did manage to play over 38 minutes today without fouling out.

Comment

actually, look at it this way: his fourth foul with a few minutes left was extremely ticky tacky yet he finished the game out (including OT) without fouling yet still providing extremely strong post defense. draftexpress was raving about him locking down the interior all by himself.

most bigs become useless when they're in foul trouble late in games. this performance was extremely encouraging.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Can someone explain to me how the points system works?
                        http://latvia2011.fiba.com/pages/eng...-standing.html

I'm at a loss to explain how Egypt (one win total, zero in group F) has 6 points, Canada (two wins total, one in group F) has 7 points, Lithuania (three wins total, two in group F) has 8 points, and USA (5 wins total, 4 in group F) has 10 points.

edit: nevermind, figured it out: every team in the second round starts with 5 points, and then gets one more point per win. I think.
                        Last edited by octothorp; Tue Jul 5, 2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

the first rule of fiba is don't try to understand fiba
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            the first rule of fiba is don't try to understand fiba
                            Hahaha
                            Because once you do, they'll change the rules on you anyway.

Comment

I LOVE his consistency with blocks and rebounds. I dont really care much for his fg/fa because that means little at this level. The fact that every single game he goes in and grabs an impressive amount of rebounds per minute he's on the floor. And i would love to see his stats for blockper48, because this guys keeps getting multiple blocks a game playing less than 20 mins in this tournament!

He's playing about 28 minutes a game; it was interesting that today, against the best opposition, he did not run into foul trouble.

per 36 minutes he has a line of 27pts, 17reb (5 off.), 4,5 blocks, 8 fta and <1 st and assists.

ceez wrote: View Post
                              realistically though, the US have a better team. big val is doing his thing but it doesn't seem like he's getting huge contributions elsewhere. mini sabonis needs to step his game up.
                              The better players you probably mean; they might have the better team, but today was very close. Let's hope this will be the final as well. Looking forward to see that match!

Comment

I hope someone will make a youtube mix of big Val in this tournement.

Comment

Working...
                                X