Patric Young on Jonas Valanciunas: "I know for a fact he is not a lottery pick"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    man people are getting pretty defensive when one of his peers criticizes him.....

.... scouts know all, fans know all, his peers know nothing (although I bet if he complimented him the same people would be mentioning, "hey look at what his opponent said about him")
    Uh, if Dwight Howard criticized Valanciunas after dominating him, I might give the opinion more respect, but to say Young is one of his peers? Really?

The amusing part is this:

First he says, "I konw for a fact he is not a lottery pick."

Then he says, "Just like you guys im entitled to my own opinion. Im just a 19 year old kid thats seen him play once so you dnt have to listen to me."

Do you not see the contradiction? Only seen him play once, but he knows for a fact, as if he was an actual scout? If he released his scouting report on the top 14 players in the 2011 NBA draft, would you bet money on it? You don't have to like Valanciunas to see the humor in that.

Comment

Young is a funny guy:

Patric4Young to RaptorsRhetoric: "Your entitled to your opinion your not an nba scout or a gm or a coach."

Hendrix_Grizz to Patric4Young: "You're entitled to your opnnion too but next time youy state a "fact" remember that you're not a GM, scout or coach either. & u're a great player. Keep in mind that u just said you seen him play once. Scouts & GM's have been scouting the kid for yrs."

Patric4Young to Hendrix_Grizz: "Yea but I am a TOP NBA prospect glory to God"

Someone needs to tell the kid about the greatest player to have played the game (Jordan) being a horrendous talent evaluator.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
        Young is a funny guy:

Patric4Young to RaptorsRhetoric: "Your entitled to your opinion your not an nba scout or a gm or a coach."

Hendrix_Grizz to Patric4Young: "You're entitled to your opnnion too but next time youy state a "fact" remember that you're not a GM, scout or coach either. & u're a great player. Keep in mind that u just said you seen him play once. Scouts & GM's have been scouting the kid for yrs."

Patric4Young to Hendrix_Grizz: "Yea but I am a TOP NBA prospect glory to God"

Someone needs to tell the kid about the greatest player to have played the game (Jordan) being a horrendous talent evaluator.
        Did he actually say the last statement? wow what a cocky bastard.

Comment

Good for a laff

Comment

quixotic wrote: View Post
            young is a funny guy:

Patric4young to raptorsrhetoric: "your entitled to your opinion your not an nba scout or a gm or a coach."

hendrix_grizz to patric4young: "you're entitled to your opnnion too but next time youy state a "fact" remember that you're not a gm, scout or coach either. & u're a great player. Keep in mind that u just said you seen him play once. Scouts & gm's have been scouting the kid for yrs."

patric4young to hendrix_grizz: "yea but i am a top nba prospect glory to god"

someone needs to tell the kid about the greatest player to have played the game (jordan) being a horrendous talent evaluator.
            loooool

Comment

ahhahaha what a cock.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

bahaha
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Quixotic;92145]Uh, if Dwight Howard criticized Valanciunas after dominating him, I might give the opinion more respect, but to say Young is one of his peers? Really? [QUOTE]

Peer : one that is of equal standing with another : equal; especially : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status

How is Young not one of his peers? Did he just not play against him? Will they not enter the NBA in the same year? Whats the age difference between them? Have either played in the NBA? Are they both not playing at the same class level right now? Young is a peer of Jonas. Dwight is not.

Is Dwight a scout? Does he release scouting reports? Huh... see the contradiction?

(by the way I think Young is probably wrong... I'm just amazed at the number of people that are attacking/mocking him and yet have less experience with Jonas than Young does. Tim W. has it spot on.... Young's statement doesn't say much for Young.)

Comment

[QUOTE=GarbageTime;92167][QUOTE=Quixotic;92145]Uh, if Dwight Howard criticized Valanciunas after dominating him, I might give the opinion more respect, but to say Young is one of his peers? Really?

Peer : one that is of equal standing with another : equal; especially : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status

How is Young not one of his peers? Did he just not play against him? Will they not enter the NBA in the same year? Whats the age difference between them? Have either played in the NBA? Are they both not playing at the same class level right now? Young is a peer of Jonas. Dwight is not.

Is Dwight a scout? Does he release scouting reports? Huh... see the contradiction?

(by the way I think Young is probably wrong... I'm just amazed at the number of people that are attacking/mocking him and yet have less experience with Jonas than Young does. Tim W. has it spot on.... Young's statement doesn't say much for Young.)
                    We're attacking and mocking him because we would do that to anybody who goes from an epic thrashing to immediately trashing.

It's kind of like somebody getting ktfo in the Octagon (UFC?) and after he wakes up he says that he didn't think the other fighter was particularly good. I've never seen that happen before. A) It's a classless thing to say about somebody period. B) It verges on the ridiculous if he crushes you like an ant.

Comment

I'm imagining Patrick walking around the American dressing room and saying how Valanciunas isn't all that. And I'm going to school him next time and every time he turns his back his own team mates are rolling their eyes at him. Sure Patrick, you sure are gonna get him. sniff...

Comment

Maybe Young's comment was legit. Maybe what he recognized as a blur on the court was the man he was supposed to be covering. It's hard to evaluate a player when you keep sending him to the line for free points or when the whistle blows and the play stops. I think if he were given some truth serum this is what he would of said...

"That Valanciunas guy was way too fast for me. From my vantage point I know for a fact I only saw his ass end so I couldn't tell if he deserves to be a lottery pick I'll tell you something though...I now know what I need to work on to improve my game...Everything...Anyway what's the big deal...I'm more of a 4 not a 5"

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post

You can declare whatever group definition of "equal" you want (case in point: Valanciunas and Young are peers, but not Valanciunas and an NBAer had they played each other), so it's kind of moot arguing with you, but no, I do not consider them to be on the same level when one player was drafted in the lottery, and the other, who knows where he's going to end up. The point, anyway, is that criticism coming from someone who actually did well is a lot more valuable than that of someone who was an afterthought.

And you need more reading comprehension. I did say "if Dwight Howard criticized Valanciunas after dominating him." No need to be so defensive of Young.
                          Last edited by Quixotic; Thu Jun 30, 2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

That "Yea but I'm a TOP NBA prospect glory to God" line really irks me. A little humbleness can go a long way.

I really hope this kid gets his ass handed to him a few more times and learns to be a bit more humble, or maybe he'll just have a career ending injury before things get started. Either way, I couldn't care less about him. Hopefully someone in our division picks him so Jonas can dominate him multiple times a season for years to come! NOW PISS OFF PATRIC!

Comment

I think we need to be a little more secure. The kid said it all. He's 19, he's not a professional(manager, scout, coach, player, etc.) in the basketball world so why do we care? This guy went and riled everybody up when he's less credible than Bleacher Report. I think us Raptors fans made his day by giving him all this attention.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                                Uh, if Dwight Howard criticized Valanciunas after dominating him, I might give the opinion more respect, but to say Young is one of his peers? Really?

The amusing part is this:

First he says, "I konw for a fact he is not a lottery pick."

Then he says, "Just like you guys im entitled to my own opinion. Im just a 19 year old kid thats seen him play once so you dnt have to listen to me."

Do you not see the contradiction? Only seen him play once, but he knows for a fact, as if he was an actual scout? If he released his scouting report on the top 14 players in the 2011 NBA draft, would you bet money on it? You don't have to like Valanciunas to see the humor in that.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X