Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it was frustration.

Patric4Young Patric Casey Young
    @dderozanshouse man if you were at the game you would have seen it man and im done talkin on twitter u got it
    49 minutes ago

Patric Young (@Patric4Young) is a great player and a good guy, just was a little frustrated. Happens to the best of us. I wish him the best.
    1 hour ago

@RaptorsRhetoric Thanks man hopefully ill have a fair chance this time lol
    1 hour ago

@RaptorsRhetoric Im sorry man i shouldn't have just talked about the guy like that he probably worked really hard to get where he is today
    2 hours ago

@RaptorsRhetoric Makes me mad because i have been working on real post moves preparing for next year but you right i have to let my game tlk
    2 hours ago

@RaptorsRhetoric The only reason i was so upset was because the move he made during the game is an illegal NBA move that he did everytime!!!
    2 hours ago
    LOL@ Raptor fans for making Patric think twice about his twitter. Looks like Patric is working on his back peddle.
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Thu Jun 30, 2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
      Looks like it was frustration.

LOL@ Raptor fans for making Patric think twice about his twitter. Looks like Patric is working on his back peddle.
      There you go, now we can all move on happily!

Comment

Young is having a great game against Serbia

Serbia 69 - 67 USA (5:56 left)

Comment

Has Patric overstepped his place? Sure. But those officials were horrendous.
          Two of Young's three first half fouls were over the backs -- except he was closer
          to the rim and Val reached over him. The third they didn't even show, I assume
          it was when the two were battling for space on the block.

Did you guys actually watch that game? Young barely played because every time
          he touched Val a whistle was blown. The calls were horrible. Should the US have
          won? No. There rotations were a mess, the ball was not going through their best
          player, etc., But the massacre that happened was complete fiction.

Young does contradict himself, calls Val a talent but then says he shouldn't have been
          drafted. I'll assume that's being young and being emotional, but he has some points.
          Jonas is not even close to being a finished product. Young, a small power forward
          MAY be further along in his physical development as a player. He at least has
          the build of an NBAer.

Comment

It is true that some whistles have been blown in our favor, though Young's effort to stand against Jonas was laughable. I agree that his statement was ridiculous. Like Jonas said in an interview, our team might have gone a bit cocky after the victory against us, but the cold shower against Croata should fix that. Btw, they are doing good against Korea already. It's a shame latvians do not stream those games anywhere, we in Lithuania think that's foolish.

Comment

young goes 6/6 13 points 7 reb 1 block 1 steal and 3 t.o's.
              i say we track both players stats every game and tweet the better boxscore at young
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                You can declare whatever group definition of "equal" you want (case in point: Valanciunas and Young are peers, but not Valanciunas and an NBAer had they played each other), so it's kind of moot arguing with you, but no, I do not consider them to be on the same level when one player was drafted in the lottery, and the other, who knows where he's going to end up. The point, anyway, is that criticism coming from someone who actually did well is a lot more valuable than that of someone who was an afterthought.

And you need more reading comprehension. I did say "if Dwight Howard criticized Valanciunas after dominating him." No need to be so defensive of Young.
                Peer does not necessarily mean equal in ability, but equal in standing... and the way I used it is its common use. That is, and A student and an F student are both peers because they are in the same class. The fact that one is a better student does not make a difference. Its not really complicated or abstract.

My reading comprehension is fine... I still don't see how Dwight has more credibility than anyone else regardless of what happens... especially when he (much like young) is neither a scout or releases scouting reports. Does him playing worse, the same or better than anyone change his ability to judge talent? Can one only judge talent if they play superior to someone else? Your statement about Jordan would infer otherwise.

Comment

Rilu wrote: View Post
                  It is true that some whistles have been blown in our favor, though Young's effort to stand against Jonas was laughable. I agree that his statement was ridiculous. Like Jonas said in an interview, our team might have gone a bit cocky after the victory against us, but the cold shower against Croata should fix that. Btw, they are doing good against Korea already. It's a shame latvians do not stream those games anywhere, we in Lithuania think that's foolish.
                  Welcome Lithuania!

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                    Peer does not necessarily mean equal in ability, but equal in standing... and the way I used it is its common use. That is, and A student and an F student are both peers because they are in the same class. The fact that one is a better student does not make a difference. Its not really complicated or abstract.

My reading comprehension is fine... I still don't see how Dwight has more credibility than anyone else regardless of what happens... especially when he (much like young) is neither a scout or releases scouting reports. Does him playing worse, the same or better than anyone change his ability to judge talent? Can one only judge talent if they play superior to someone else? Your statement about Jordan would infer otherwise.
                    Like I said, it's going to be open to interpretation, and I'm okay with your designation of his peers. I thank you for explaining the factors YOU consider when determining "peer" and "standing", but it should be obvious that both are subjective, much less "common use". The very fact that you singled out "standing" over ability or qualifications (i.e. drafted or employed by an NBA team) should suggest as much.

I find it amusing you take issue with what I said, especially considering what I said about Michael Jordan (which you acknowledge). Yes, barring actual GM/coach/scout experience and ability, I would still prefer someone who has actually done something in the NBA over someone who has yet to prove anything in the NCAA. That doesn't mean an NBA player has anywhere near the same credibility as a proven scout, but if Dwight destroys NBA post players on a daily basis, I'd take his word over Young's until shown otherwise.

I'm not really sure what your issue with my statement is though. It seems you're trying to convince me that Dwight's opinion is just as useless as Young's, yet you said:

man people are getting pretty defensive when one of his peers criticizes him.....

.... scouts know all, fans know all, his peers know nothing (although I bet if he complimented him the same people would be mentioning, "hey look at what his opponent said about him")
                    Sounds to me like you're saying we're belittling Young's opinion for some kind of validation, when most everyone else (including me) is saying his opinion is worthless because he's not a GM/coach/scout. What is your point, exactly? That Young's opinion means something, and just as much as Dwight's?

Also, you lost your bet in that last paragraph, so pay up.
                    Last edited by Quixotic; Sat Jul 2, 2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                      Like I said, it's going to be open to interpretation, and I'm okay with your designation of his peers. I thank you for explaining the factors YOU consider when determining "peer" and "standing", but it should be obvious that both are subjective, much less "common use". The very fact that you singled out "standing" over ability or qualifications (i.e. drafted or employed by an NBA team) should suggest as much.

I find it amusing you take issue with what I said, especially considering what I said about Michael Jordan (which you acknowledge). Yes, barring actual GM/coach/scout experience and ability, I would still prefer someone who has actually done something in the NBA over someone who has yet to prove anything in the NCAA. That doesn't mean an NBA player has anywhere near the same credibility as a proven scout, but if Dwight destroys NBA post players on a daily basis, I'd take his word over Young's until shown otherwise.

I'm not really sure what your issue with my statement is though. It seems you're trying to convince me that Dwight's opinion is just as useless as Young's, yet you said:

Sounds to me like you're saying we're belittling Young's opinion for some kind of validation, when most everyone else (including me) is saying his opinion is worthless because he's not a GM/coach/scout. What is your point, exactly? That Young's opinion means something, and just as much as Dwight's?

Also, you lost your bet in that last paragraph, so pay up.
                      You lost me.

Comment

This sort of reminds me of Brandon Jennings saying that Rubio was "overated", yet thus far we see that Jennings is the overated one with huge holes in his game.

If Young does come out in 2012 in a very loaded draft as a 6'9 big man, he is in danger himself not being a top 14 lottery pick.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          This sort of reminds me of Brandon Jennings saying that Rubio was "overated", yet thus far we see that Jennings is the overated one with huge holes in his game.

If Young does come out in 2012 in a very loaded draft as a 6'9 big man, he is in danger himself not being a top 14 lottery pick.
                          Huh? Look at Jennings stats -- a player who was drafted mid first round and is a middle of the road starting point guard in the NBA. Now look at Rubio's stats in the Euroleague, a high draft pick who has declined in the past 2 to 3 years. Jennings is EXACTLY where people thought he'd be -- he's an okay starting PG. Rubio is a bench warmer in a respected (but lesser league).
                          Last I checked that is the definition of overrated.

Comment

After 3 days of U19WC - Advanced statistics

Link

Jonas leads the tournament with an EFF of 34.2

Young is 26th with an EFF of 16.5

Interesting side note:
                            Jonas = 19.2 years old
                            Young = 19.4 year old

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Huh? Look at Jennings stats -- a player who was drafted mid first round and is a middle of the road starting point guard in the NBA. Now look at Rubio's stats in the Euroleague, a high draft pick who has declined in the past 2 to 3 years. Jennings is EXACTLY where people thought he'd be -- he's an okay starting PG. Rubio is a bench warmer in a respected (but lesser league).
                              Last I checked that is the definition of overrated.
                              There is not much to debate or disagree with here until Rubio actually plays in the NBA. However a couple of points of clarification:

1) Jennings was drafted 10 - I would not call that mid first round.

2) To get a better comparison, apples to apples if you will, it might be worth noting Brandon Jennings Euro stats in his one year there. He hardly 'lit it up' and was 19 at the time. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...gs-1114/stats/

Rubio stats are here: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...io-1155/stats/

3) The European game is different than the NBA and as it suit Jennings better than Europe, it may do the same for Rubio (It may not as well).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                There is not much to debate or disagree with here until Rubio actually plays in the NBA. However a couple of points of clarification:

1) Jennings was drafted 10 - I would not call that mid first round.

2) To get a better comparison, apples to apples if you will, it might be worth noting Brandon Jennings Euro stats in his one year there. He hardly 'lit it up' and was 19 at the time. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...gs-1114/stats/

Rubio stats are here: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...io-1155/stats/

3) The European game is different than the NBA and as it suit Jennings better than Europe, it may do the same for Rubio (It may not as well).
                                Just goes to show how useless stats are and why its so annoying trying to scout good european players from inside your basement...
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X