Raptors have their eyes on Radford's Belarusian big man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors have their eyes on Radford's Belarusian big man

Radford center Artsiom Parakhouski has one goal: to become the first Belarusian to play in the NBA.
    It's a lofty goal, no doubt. But when one reviews the road Parakhouski has traveled so far, there is little reason to believe he can't make it. You may not have heard of him yet, but the NBA sure has.
    The Toronto Raptors had a scout at Radford's practice on Monday, in fact, as the 6-foot-11, 260-pound senior continues to play his way onto the radar of a draft lacking center prospects. Parakhouski leads the nation in rebounding at 12.9 per game, is second in field goal percentage at 63.2 percent and third in scoring with 24.1 points per game. He had double-doubles at Duke (23 points, 14 rebounds) and Kansas (21, 13) and has scored in double-figures in every game. NBADraft.net projects the senior to go early in the second round, while DraftExpress.com has Parakhouski as the last pick of the first round -- a spot that would make history in his home country.
    "That is my goal," Parakhouski said of the NBA (heavily emphasizing the "N" in his Russian accent). "I'm trying to prove that people in my country can be in the NBA if they want to be."

At 6-foot-11, 260 pounds, Artsiom Parakhouski is one of the few true center prospects in college basketball.

With CB4 possibly going I'm guessing the Raps are looking for a true big man to play along Bargnani.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0cWJAMmcA

Won't the raptors be lacking a pick to do this with?

Comment

One question that I hope someone could answer. NBAdraft.net is saying that we own Clippers' second round pick of the 2010 draft product of the Hassan Adams trade. It's an early second round pick to go along with our second round pick.

Considering that the clippers automactally waived Adams, is it possible that they gave us a good second round pick just to get a player and waived him? I don't see the logic of that move for the Clippers, if we own that pick, we could get him.

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
        Won't the raptors be lacking a pick to do this with?
        Not sure but a trade wold fix that.

Comment

I'll bet the house that every NBA has had/will have a scout watch him play.
          RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            I agree. If a player is good everyone wants to see him. If a guy is talented people will notice.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
              Exactly, it doesn't mean a thing, unless his dad knows Gherardini's brother-in-law's third cousin, in which case he'll be a Raptor by June 2010.

Comment

Working...
              X