Chris Bosh is a man with no home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    When Bosh left and Lebron announced his decision I thought it was the most unnatural big 3. I just could not see any team work around those three players. Both Wade and Lebron play very very similar games, Hold the ball and do something spectacular with it, The issue is there is only one ball. Bosh as a 3rd option is weak defensively, and is a really soft rebounder (not bargnani soft, but soft none the less), both qualities you want in a supporting player. Boston's big three for instance complimented themselves so well that they made the rest of their bench players that much better. The 2008 Boston Team was an incredible team for its first year together. Even the Lakers have a more complimentary core. So, instantly I imagined a much better Big 3. One that I thought would happen in New york, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Carmelo Anthony. Even though arguably both Lebron and Wade are better than all three of these players, CP3 Dwight and Carmelo I think have the right tools to run over this league with an 18-wheeler, reverse and do it again 5 times over. Cp3's ballhandling, penetration, scoring, and pure point guard skills (court vision, passing ability, etc) WITH Dwights rebounding, defence, Blocks,a huge frame ,and explosive finishing abilities, WITH Carmelo Anthony's scoring prowess, size (6'10 SF)great rebounding from the wing position, clutch ability, and the ability to be the go-to guy.
    Ultimate big 3 in the league today? yeah I think so.
    Stop pulling stuff out of your ass man. Carmelo anthony is not 6'10" he's like 6'7" or 6'8" at most

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      The problem with the Miami "Big 3" is that they're a player orchestrated Big 3... the only one in history that i can think of.

They weren't put together for their complementary skills, or to create a great TEAM.. they were put together to hamfist a championship

it's like, say you're building a house.. now i know nothing about construction or architecture, but there's so many little things that go towards building a structurally sound and impressive home... not just taking the biggest, strongest, most impressive slabs of rock, putting them side by side, and throwing one on top to make a roof (flintstones-esque)

they're a house with no architect... sure those big massive walls are impressive... but there's no rhyme or reason to it... no design to it other than "let's take the three biggest meanest dogs, throw them in the same cage, and hope they get along"

if there was any sane design to it... team needs would dictate lebron is the expendable one. not bosh. (like Fully already stated)

unfortunately, we live in a day and age where we quantify success instead of qualify it.
      Boston were similar. Ainge did it through trades but KG and Allen had to agree for it to be done so they would sign their extensions. Actually not certain on Allen but positive on Garnett.

Comment

Working...
      X