Raptors need a CLASSIC Introduction Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors need a CLASSIC Introduction Song

Every year the Raptors seem to try and stay hip and cool and end up with a lame top 40 introduction song.

We need to have something classic we can have year in and out like the Bulls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvNDQkcqkfU

That is something you can be proud of.

The past 5 years of regularly going to games, I was happy to hear "Hate Me Now" - Nas/Puffy and that only went on for a part of the season. (Kanye - Stronger was good too)

I suggest The Who - Baba O'Riley or others may know it as the CSI: NY theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDe8y...eature=related

Start from like 0:38

It's classy and its usability will span far beyond a top40 track being overplayed.
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

personally, i'd like to see them get a little wacky with their intro music..

maybe some major lazer "pon de floor"

or some death metal... cannibal corpse maybe

Comment

ahahahahaha, honestly asking sports arenas to play good music has been tried, and always fails.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        ahahahahaha, honestly asking sports arenas to play good music has been tried, and always fails.
        lol... totally agree..

one time, i was at a top 40 club.. over the music, the DJ goes "who wants to hear some dubstep?".. i get all excited.. not that im the biggest fan of dubstep, but a break in the top 40 monotony would have been a welcome thing at that point..

he played the britney spears song that rusko produced..

i wanted to shoot myself.

same principle goes for the music at the ACC.. any break from the monotony would be a welcome thing

Comment

A classic intro song should be the least of our worries.

Besides, I'm sure the Air Canada Centre/MLSE has an agreement with a record label and can only play their songs.

Comment

The intro song should be Kesha - We R Who We R with the jumbo tron showing highlights of the Raptors' failed defensive plays and Casey bashing his head against his clipboard.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              A classic intro song should be the least of our worries.

Besides, I'm sure the Air Canada Centre/MLSE has an agreement with a record label and can only play their songs.
              Don't be such a party pooper!

Yeah Heinz, Major Lazer would pump me up. I always feel like punching things when I listen to them. Big things. In a good way!
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                Yeah Heinz, Major Lazer would pump me up. I always feel like punching things when I listen to them. Big things. In a good way!
                anytime i hear it, i get all perked up, and look around for things to jump on and throw myself off in a spastic manner...

except for the beyonce version... that one can suck my gonads.

Comment

here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyHxEbJN1VM

book it

Comment

I saw a similar thread a few months ago like thiss, but Baba O'Riley is already used by the Lakers, officially too I think.

Comment

Ever since the 06-07 season, there hasn't been ONE song that has been used extensively all season long. I imagine it'll continue the same. The best ever intro they did was RATM - Renegades of Funk.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Ever since the 06-07 season, there hasn't been ONE song that has been used extensively all season long. I imagine it'll continue the same. The best ever intro they did was RATM - Renegades of Funk.
                        I loved the Rage intro, it was my personal fave as well. i know there's already been a few threads on this subject, but I'll stick to this hype ass song:

Comment

I recommend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
                          "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                          -Newsradio

Comment

It has to be disco... Travolta time, maybe even Bee Gees staying alive... the higher the pitch the better.

Throw in a little Justin Beiber to show the US we is hot. Who needs Tiberflake when you got the Beiber. (extra jail bait for season ticket holders)
                            Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Mon Jul 4, 2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X