For the Raptors Fans who wanted Beasley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not to mention that driving while under the influence of Marijuana is not NEARLY as dangerous as driving while Intoxicated.

Being driven by a stonner sucks. They take their time, they don't jump in and out of traffic. I had my friend from BC here on vacation and I made the mistake of asking him to drive me somewhere. I was like "GO, GO", "CUT HER OFF... ", "Dude yellow, means step on it!"... anyway it was quite the stressful time in that car, I just wanted to knock him out and carjack the car so that I could get to my destination 3 minutes earlier, we were getting passed by cabs. It wasn't right.

Comment

So true. I remember in my um...earlier days thinking I was a race car driver until my friend looked at me and said, "Dude, you're going 30."
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
        http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=371145

MINNEAPOLIS -- Police say Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was ticketed for possessing marijuana and speeding in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka last week.

Capt. Scott Boerboom said Thursday that an officer stopped Beasley around 3 a.m. on June 26 on Interstate 394 after clocking him going 84 m.p.h. in a 65 m.p.h. zone. He says the officer smelled a strong odour of marijuana coming from the car.

The report says the officer found 16.2 grams of it under the front passenger seat of Beasley's car. It says Beasley claimed the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off.

The possession charge is a petty misdemeanour that carries a fine of $128. The Timberwolves say they can't comment during the lockout.
        actually, the fact that he smokes pot makes me want him on the team more.

although, it's unsafe as hell in the city. if you can just go out to the middle of nowhere and just rip it down the road ripped one of the most awesome feelings ever...

that's what i hear anyway.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Marijuana Use Goes Unchecked, Many in NBA Say," New York Times, October 26, 1997

I couldnt find the article online, but I remember many years ago, that the NY Times asserted that up to 70% of NBA players drank and smoked pot excessively. Other than a speeding charge (happens to a lot of non-athletes too), and getting caught twice in a short period of time (happens to a lot of 22 year olds), you guys shouldnt have much to say about Beasley. Yes, his effort and his defence are questionable (would be an awful frontcourt defensively with Bargnani). But I would say you guys are being a little too hard on the kid.

It is pretty funny seeing a bunch of guys who probably fuck up all the time in their own lives, hold a 22 year old to such a high standard and shit all over him when they get the chance.

Comment

Maybe he uses it for medicinal purposes. I understand he suffers from depression. But then again...... Just dont do it at half time.

Comment

It has been noted in the past that you were more likely to to have schizophrenia if you smoked pot, based on statistical frequency studies of pot heads.

However, recently new research has found that CBD,one of the active terrapins in pot, showed great promise in treating schizophrenia.

So it became clearer, that schizophrenics more than likely seeked out pot for these benefits. It may not have been a conscious decision of self medication, other than a user with schizophrenia noticing that he coped better with life if he lit up once in a while. Therefore, it is now understood in academic circles that deal with cannabis research that it is more likely that schizophrenics were attracted to pot, rather than pot attracted schizophrenia. The reason for this is that after 100 years of use there are no credible studies to show that pot induces schizophrenia in non schizophrenics (those with no family history of the disease) and if this was indeed the case, considering its wide use in the 70's we would be having an epidemic of schizophrenia right now.

Now the reason that I bring this up is because I like Bendit's response. Beasley is reported to have mental issues that border on depression and even some form of anxiety, gauging by the body of evidence from his off court behaviour in Miami. Maybe he really is self medicating, or coping as best as he can by using pot therapeutically.
              Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

I agree 100%, I know what it means to self medicate over something like ADD, its pretty severe and very frustrating, and having ADD as an adult is very debilitating. (people underestimate just how much so). I know plenty of people, (and have done enough research) to see that this subconscious reaction to a medicine that works for you is real. People with mental issues almost get called marijuana 'addicts' because it is difficult to stop using whats helping you live better. Marijuana isnt physically addicting, it is a mental decision to take it or not. People with ADD can now concentrate (yes pot for ADD does increase focus immensely), people with depression now feel better, people with anxiety calm down, etc. Marijuana's purpose on this earth is as a medicine, and our bodies realize this. Statistics on pot GIVING anxiety, ADD, depression, schizophrenia, are faulty by design, due to the fact that those are the people that the medicine will attract. Thats like saying chemo therapy gives people cancer because most people on chemo therapy have cancer...
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Thats like saying chemo therapy gives people cancer because most people on chemo therapy have cancer...
                  Awesome analogy.

I like where this conversation is going.

I have quite the history of Alchoholism in my family, and as such, have cut back on my drinking pretty severely in the last couple of years. Both my parents are ex-hippies, and I've learned that one can be very successful in life and still smoke Marijuana on a daily basis. As long as you are responsible and smart about where and how you do it, there is no reason why someone can't smoke pot and lead a fulfilling and satisfying life. It is when it controls everything that you do, and when you can't do anything without 'being stoned' that it becomes a problem. I didn't start until after High School, and I don't think kids in High School should be abusing it either. But I realized very quickly in Uni that it helps me focus and clear my mind and get stuff done. I think when someone becomes a responsible adult, and contributing member of society, I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to enjoy it in a responsible manner.

Just don't let it take over your life. Be able and willing to drop it at any minute.

Comment

personally, i dont care if he smokes weed.

BUT... if i was making MILLIONS of dollars.. and my boss suggested "hey, you should probably drink less coffee.. it doesnt look good that you're at the coffee machine every hour and the caffeine-shakes are kind of annoying"

i'll stop drinking coffee. why would i jeapordise those MILLIONS over coffee?

and caffeine is more addictive than pot.

Comment

...he certainly is an idiot for keeping a half ounce in his car. Doesn't take that much tact to get a friend to deliver it to you. Precautions are definitely lacking in this scenario.

Comment

and, for god's sake... DON'T get caught.

it's like me going to work with a puddle of blow sludge under my nostrils and being like "oh crap.. sorry, but i wasnt doing blow.. my friend threw it at my face as a joke and i didnt clean it up properly"

i mean, come on... it's a friggin high school skill... knowing how to hide your "party favours" effectively.
                        Last edited by heinz57; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

A friend of mine got confronted by his girlfriend at a party about doing blow.

He insisted he did not touch any, the girl put her finger in his nose and tasted his snot.

She dumped him on the spot.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                            A friend of mine got confronted by his girlfriend at a party about doing blow.

He insisted he did not touch any, the girl put her finger in his nose and tasted his snot.

She dumped him on the spot.
                            LOL!!

i actually didnt make up the showing up to work with sludge under your nose story... a guy i know actually did that... went straight from partying to work... was fired on the spot

Comment

lot of boarders here live in hamilton i see
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Whenever I think of Beasley, I think of this song:

I was going to be an ALL Star but then I got high,
                                I was going to win a championship with the Heat but then I got high,
                                Now I play for the Wolve's and I know why.....
                                cause I got high. cause I got high, cause I got high.....

Comment

Working...
                                X