Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hype for Jonas Valanciunas? 26-24

http://latvia2011.fiba.com//pages/en...5194/game.html

it's hard to not get excited about the kid when he throws down 26 points and grabs 24 boards in the quarter finals. He was a beast against poland.

its only against under 19 comp
    ya dun noe

Comment

Yes, and he's been crushing them all.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
        i don't get that reasoning. If someone was dominating NCAA, they would all be like "oohhh that guy is so good, blah blah blah". It's NCAA kids dominating OTHER NCAA KIDS...and JV is a 19 year old, dominating OTHER 19 year olds. Therefore, to diminish his accomplishments just because he's facing other kids who are 19 is unvalid.

Comment

wowwww nice link i am loving the emotion me thats the only thing that makes me believe he can be someone

Comment

zulfi wrote: View Post
            i don't get that reasoning. If someone was dominating NCAA, they would all be like "oohhh that guy is so good, blah blah blah". It's NCAA kids dominating OTHER NCAA KIDS...and JV is a 19 year old, dominating OTHER 19 year olds. Therefore, to diminish his accomplishments just because he's facing other kids who are 19 is unvalid.
            Very Valid point Zulfi. Glad you typed that.

Comment

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

He looks like the camping the key on every single possession and not getting called for the 3-second.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                  yes, and how old is he again?

Comment

ChrisR wrote: View Post
                    yes, and how old is he again?
                    he turned 19 not too long ago.
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Date of birth May 6, 1992 (age 19)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_V...4%8Di%C5%ABnas
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                        He looks like the camping the key on every single possession and not getting called for the 3-second.
                        You're allowed to do that in FIBA rules but only on defense.

Comment

I can't help but get the feeling that BC was on to something as I'm reading these numbers. The feeling that something good will happen soon like the feeling after a great trade...

Comment

"against poland"

lol!

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              "against poland"

lol!
                              And what of good NCAA players performances versus weak NCAA programs?

Or what of a good NBA player's performance against a weaker team?

I guess they don't count either and should not be used to evaluate a player's worth.

In fact any performance that is not against NBA competition - and not just NBA competition, but All-Star competition - should be considered baseless and dismissed.

Comment

Working...
                              X