Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STREAMING: Lithuania vs Serbia 1:15pm EST (FIBA U19 Latvia 2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the stat lines guys!

Today was my first time watching him live (saw the second half). He was a man playing with boys and the Serbs couldn't contain him. I loved how active he was and the fact he made them pay with hitting his free throws. With the lockout looking like a sure thing it's nice to know we'll be able to watch his continued development in Europe this year.

Comment

I dont mind saying that he far exceeded my expectations in the tournament. I expected him to have a good one but apart from his stats (so many categories) he LED his team. The intangibles leapt out in the games. I just hope when he comes to Toronto he continues being as intense as he has shown. Time to get a point guard to get him the ball too!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        I dont mind saying that he far exceeded my expectations in the tournament. I expected him to have a good one but apart from his stats (so many categories) he LED his team. The intangibles leapt out in the games. I just hope when he comes to Toronto he continues being as intense as he has shown. Time to get a point guard to get him the ball too!
        You can rag on José all you want, and some of it is justified, for sure, but one thing you CAN'T fault him for is the area of distributing the ball. The one thing he positively excels in is getting the right player the ball at the right time and in the right place.

Comment

Wasnt even thinking of Jose. I agree he is a very good distributor. The fact is he probably shall not be around when JV gets to the team and for the years ahead. I would rather keep Jose if there is nothing in return.

Comment

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Prediction: Jonas leads all NBA rookies in defensive 3 in the key fouls.
              DOn't know if you didn't mean that, but defensive 3 second calls aren't fouls.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                This doesn't include the final.

Final average: 23 pts (59.8% FG, 81.1% FT), 13.9 rebs, 3.2 blks,
                My bad. Funny, on the broadcast, these were the stats shown as tournament avg.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Wow quite an impressive statline and tournamnet for JV. Theres very little bball news and this is the only thing to be excited about. He shows great promise and he still has another year to develop and come into the league. Im tremendously impressed. From my experience, if you are the BEST player in the world for your age group I'll take you on myteam any day. He absolutely destrpyed potential next year lotto pick Young. And since he wont be here this year you almost have to think of him as next year's pick, along with whoever else we take. Seeing him annihilate a top prospect from next year's draft is enough for me to justify my excitement during this boring offseason.

Comment

Here's link to of people discussing how Cleveland should be ashamed of themselves for not selecting JV over Thompson, and also a mention of Jon Givony's statement that Minny will be sorry for not selecting JV with the #2 pick.
                    http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229654

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      They are not a personal foul, but they are a team technical foul.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Im pretty sure they are a technical foul..? if I'm wrong my apologies :P
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Consistent improvement

An interesting fact:

He led this event in scoring (23 per game), rebounding (13.9), blocks (3.2), double-doubles (seven in nine games for 7-2 Lithuania) and was second in field goal percentage to Canada’s Dyshawn Pierre.

Those numbers were even better than the 14.3/11.1/2.3 and 19.4/13.4/2.7 averages he put up at the U16 and U18 events.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/10...ut-valanciunas
                          Of course he was MVP of all those tournaments and his team won each time.

Comment

he's the kemba of eurobasket
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Im pretty sure they are a technical foul..? if I'm wrong my apologies :P
                              Ya. Sorry. I thought you were talking about personal fouls, because everyone was talking about him racking them up. It is a team technical, as joey_hesketh said.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X