No announcement yet.

If Solomon Alabi plays 25 minutes a game and we have a season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's put this into perspective. James Johnson averaged 28 mpg, as a starter, and averaged just 9 points per game.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

I'm curious as to why the 25 minutes was the time picked. Even if you split the minutes equally between bargs Amir Davis and Alabi the max he would get is 24. There's no way he averages the same as those guys. If you are just picking a hypothetical number that he isn't going to play why not us per36? That way you don't have to do any math to figure out his stats, just pop over basketball-reference.com.

His per36 will be 4pts and 8rebs

If you want to convert that to per25 feel free to do the math.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I think a more fair question would be is Solomon Alabi good enough to play ten minutes a game?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I think a more fair question would be is Solomon Alabi good enough to play ten minutes a game?
          Doubtful, I think he's looking at 10 min as his max. I think it is more likely he'll be in the 4-8 minutes a game range.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Much more reasonable. And my answer to that would be.... maybe.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
              Hey, that was my 100th post! Don't I get a prize or something? Maybe a cake? NOTHING??? Aw, come on!
              No cake but I'll be happy to submit "Really? I mean, SERIOUSLY? Has it come to this? We're so desperate that we're engaging in Solo fantasy numbers? Oh alright, I'll bite" as an entry for QotW

Comment

The entire point of this post was a supposition, because we have nothing else to talk about what with the lockout and all. Fully knowing it's not realistic, like everyone is pointing out, doesn't apply, because this is all a hypothetical of what his numbers would be over 25 mpg. I'm gonna play along....

If he played 25 mpg, I could see 6 points, 8 boards, and a block. Maybe close to a steal, depends how much people test him. Probably shoot something like 46 or 47 percent.

On NBA 2k11 he's decent at standing in front of the net altering shots,... we can dream can't we?

Comment

I hope he can averages 10-12 minutes a game next year. We need to see if this guy can be our backup C of the future while we tank. If he can develop into a Joel Anthony type player, I'd be satisfied with that. If he doesn't show any improvement, get him outta here. Next year should be about development and asset evaluation while we tank. If for some ridiculous reason (lots of injuries) he did play 20 min/game, I could see maybe 4pts, 6 rebs, and 1.4 blocks per game.

Comment

If he played 25 mins a game, the raps record would be horrible, he would foul out of those games at a record pace, and I'll say he'll average 7 boards, 4 pts, and 1 block.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      Let's put this into perspective. James Johnson averaged 28 mpg, as a starter, and averaged just 9 points per game.
                      well if he works on his jumper he could average above 10 points IMO.

Comment

and wow people on here really underestimate Alabi. Why are u guys soo negative?

Comment

10-6-1.3. He has a decent mid range jumper (which people will almost always let him shoot) and he can dunk...

Comment

Working...
                          X