Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar and ED quotes at Drew League: SI

Toronto guard DeMar DeRozan

On the recent hiring of former Dallas assistant/former Minnesota head coach Dwane Casey as Raptors head coach:

"I knew [Casey] from when I used to work out in Vegas during the summer. He was always there working out guys. He helped me out a lot. I've known him for the last two summers. He's definitely a good dude, a humble dude. I can't wait to get out there and work with him."

On the organization's shift to a defense-first mentality that was reflected in the Casey hiring:

"[Defense] is what we need. I think last year we could score with the best players in the NBA, but the only thing that killed us was the defensive end. That's a critical part in the NBA. Once you get that down and are a top five, top 10 defensive team, that'll take you far.

Toronto forward Ed Davis

On playing in the Drew League and the importance of getting time with Raptors teammates DeRozan and Amir Johnson while training in L.A.:

"[The Drew League] is tough for big guys, but just to get in shape it's good. You get to do something other than working out and playing pickup. It's fun, man. I like it. It's top three [among non-NBA sanctioned summer leagues in the country].

"I'm feeling good. One of the main reasons I'm out in L.A. is so I can be with DeMar and Amir and all the L.A. guys, just to be sort of like a [bonding] thing for all us Raptors guys to spend some time together."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1SDnaOwqF

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1SDPfwjgx
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jul 15, 2011, 07:59 PM. Reason: ED added. Thanks, Joey.

Most positive utterances.

At least we dont get doltish musings like that Harrison chap in Pittsburgh. Now I have gone and jinxed them!!

Comment

Good to hear it. Although I'm not surprised to hear it from DeMar.

Comment

In the same article:

Toronto forward Ed Davis

On playing in the Drew League and the importance of getting time with Raptors teammates DeRozan and Amir Johnson while training in L.A.:

"[The Drew League] is tough for big guys, but just to get in shape it's good. You get to do something other than working out and playing pickup. It's fun, man. I like it. It's top three [among non-NBA sanctioned summer leagues in the country].

"I'm feeling good. One of the main reasons I'm out in L.A. is so I can be with DeMar and Amir and all the L.A. guys, just to be sort of like a [bonding] thing for all us Raptors guys to spend some time together."
        Good to hear, from Ed.

Demar was wearing a Blue Jays cap for one of those interviews as well.
        Repping Toronto. Love to see it.

Comment

Heart warming thread
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            In the same article:

Good to hear, from Ed.

Demar was wearing a Blue Jays cap for one of those interviews as well.
            Repping Toronto. Love to see it.
            Thanks Joey. Don't know how I missed that :S Added to the first post with a footnote of thanks.

Comment

Good to hear that the young gunzs specially ed is putting time in their game and conditioning rather that sitting around n doin nothing, im really hoping ed can add some stength n bulk up a lil.

Comment

it's nice to hear these guys aren't ashamed to be Raptors or acknowledge the need to improve. Love that Demar was rockin the Jays cap back in LA. Dude reps more Toronto than many past NBAers. It means nothing but at least it isn't Lebron wearing a Yankee cap and getting signature shoes in Knicks colourway
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

oh, and fck tyreke.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

yess i am glad to see that the guys are putting in work together this off season. Demar and Ed are my two fav raptors at the moment. These guys are gonna take this franchise to places we have never been.
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                    X